Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 127 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019

read realzeus reply ;)

but apart from that you can forget that the sf90 weight is similar to Lafa: the 7.9kw battery and alu-based chassis make such a difference that will destroy every wet dream in this aspect...(plus, we have two front engine, better interiors etc..)

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I know my dealer had his La F on the scales and it clocked in right below 1600 kg. with no driver and little fuel. That's a real world number, which cannot for me be disputed. No way in hell any La F weighs 1255, not even close, not even less than 1500 kg.

Time will tell, and I'm certain there will be an opportunity to compare them head to head.

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    They have been weighted. There was a thread on it on the La F forum. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/la-ferrari-actual-weight.481092/page-2

of2worlds likes this.
  4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Post #35
    Weighted today one LaFerrari.

Full gas tank, HiFi and Lifter option and no driver or luggage.

1650 kg or 3640 lbs.

Enzo was: 1450 kg or 3200 lbs. Same condition.
    -

of2worlds likes this.
  5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    A fully fuelled LF weighs circa 1580 kg. I have seen one on the scales at Fiorano. I believe there is a picture on fchat of another car on the scales with about the same reading. The Stradale claims that weight dry, which means about 150 kilos more, wet.

6. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    We are comparing “real world” LaF weight with SF90 “claimed” weight...I think the SF90 will weigh significantly more than 1580kg...either way who cares if the SF90 is faster or slower than the LaF? The SF90 is not in the same league as the LaF or the Enzo for that matter. It is a production model not a “halo” car and measured as such it is a great achievement

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Solid State, Bundy and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Fits well with the car sitting at my dealers. It was about 1570-1580 without fuel or driver - and it does not have the hifi. I believe the lifter adds 7 kg or so.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    That LaFerrari weight story was about 4 years ago, thank you for digging that up! Interesting to see real world numbers versus some fanciful 'dry weight' number that seems limited to abstract discussion. It's like bragging about the weight of the engine by itself...

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    At any rate, I will definitely trybto get the SF90 on the scales once it shows up. Relative who specced Friday was told late Q3 or early Q4.

I would like to add that for me it is not about beating the La F and place the SF90 in the same league. But I do think it is very interesting to see how performance develops. It's interesting looking at then and now. 18 years ago, the Enzo was king but now most of the lineup is faster. This will also happen to the La F which has now taken the crown as the fastest street car Ferrari makes. In about two years we will see a new halo car, and I'm sure it will blow the SF90 out of the water. That's just life and how it should be. I actually spoke to someone recently who was incredibly upset about the fact that Ferrari had allowed a production car to surpass the La F. He actually used the phrase "How dare they", like the La F is some god or diety whom can never be surpassed.Good grief, it's just the result of seven years of evolution in a world where everything evolves at a blistering speed.
    I think it's brilliant that the SF90 has lapped Fiorano faster and I think it's something we should celebrate.

People are either trying to discredit the SF90 by saying it's not selling, or talking about how it can't possibly be faster than the mighty La F.
    Well just about all have been sold, and the official Fiorano time is almost a second faster than the La F. Ferrari knocked it out of the park with the SF90.

10. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    this only mean that the sf90 is even heavier, like 1850kilos or so...

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Nah. Assumptions. We'll see.

12. s313

s313 Rookie

Oct 9, 2015
    The elephant in the room....appears that the full, combined battery + ICE power output are available for only a limited number of kms, using Qualify mode on the manettino. Which means, once the battery is fully depleted on Qualify mode, you are left with ICE only, lugging around all that weight (and while patiently awaiting to charge the batteries). Not ideal.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Source:
    https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/now-we-finally-know-just-how-the-2020-ferrari-sf90-stradale-s-powertrain-modes-work-ar185829.html

Track car, this is not. Cannot see how going full beans on quali mode until the battery is depleted, and then, have to do a number (how many?) of laps to recharge the batteries. Or back to the pits, and....plug in!

tekaefixe likes this.
  13. Slicknick

Slicknick Karting

Oct 15, 2019
    Willebroek, Belgium
    Full Name:
    N. Y. Yazgan
    The P1 had the same problem about the front motor (not sure about the 918)..Rumor has it that it disengaged halfway into their Nordschleife record attempt, hence no official lap time ever being announced by McLaren, lol...

Anyway, I think it's normal actually, if you ask me...Though I'm no expert on the matter, I doubt 100 percent of the power is available all time time in most hybrid cars

Igor Ound likes this.
  14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The two cars really should not be compared as they are in two completely different classes. Besides in a short time a used SF90 couldn't pay the tax on an LaF.

tekaefixe likes this.
  15. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    #3165 Ale55andr0, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    "you can, however, drive ong enough to complete a lap on any track in the world, Nurburgring included"

The nurbugring track is about 20km... so be afraid of not having enough juice in qualify mode is not a "real life" problem, and apart from that you can always plug in....
    Still, Ferrari could have used a bigger battery (10-12kw) at this point: adding 50kilos in a car that already weighs about 1750-1800 with driver and fluids doesn't change anything concrete...

"The P1 had the same problem about the front motor (not sure about the 918)..Rumor has it that it disengaged halfway into their Nordschleife record attempt, hence no official lap time ever being announced by McLaren, lol..."

Mclaren P1 have a 4.7kw battery package, so is not a problem for SF90stradale anyway...
    But, considering everything, and as I have already said more than enough :) ), with the sf90 ferrari did nothing transcendental, they could and should have done more, instead, they did the bare minimum: 1000 hp on that mass are nothing particularly impressive or new on the market

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Nothing impressive or new? So which sports car manufacture offers this stuff right now? The 918, P1 and La F are halo cars, so there's that. I see nobody.
    Not impressive and the bare minimum. Is that why you didn't order one? What have you chosen to order that is so much more special? Or donyou have a 918, La F, P1 or Regera in the collection?

17. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    I'm talking in general, not about specific models. For example, with current technology we can already see electric cars with 1600/1700 or even almost 2000hp (!!!) and near 2 tons. This with a technology that is far from maturity, especially concernig batteries. Do you think that the actual weight of the sf90 is far from this value starting with 1570kilos, dry, on the paper? So yes, 1000 hp /1570kilos (dry...and keeping in mind how "generous" Ferrari is with herself when declaring the weight :D) doesn't appear like something "impressive" or "new" on the market. But, hey, this is only my personal point of view, everyone has the right to have his own :), but with numbers on the table, It doesn't seem to me to say anything absurd, honestly...

18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Again, you're posting random numbers. 1500, 1700 2000? Where at this price point?
    You can't simply say, oh I think this or that is possible without an actual context. Many things go into this and it is nothing like some turbocharged Lambo built for standing me runs, and it is not a 2.5 mill Euro halo car. Donyou think a 1600 hp Koenogsegg is without drawbacks due to its power? It isn't.
    What's your experience of owning and driving a car on this level? Have you even driven an 812, 488 or Pista?
    I'm well aware that Ferrari can be flaky when it comes to weight, but the last Pista I saw on scales were pretty much on target. Doubt very much the SF90 will be as heavy as you say.
    I think you would need to have some pretty significant experience with extreme cars to make a valid claim as to this not being impressive, so I would greatly appreciate some insight to your personal experience with the top level production cars. Honestly, unimpressive in the same sentence as 1000 hp is usually reserved for people with no experience. Not saying that's the case with you, just stating that it seems to be the trend.

And to kill the weight debate one and for all. We only have factory numbers to go by for the SF90. Using anything else is pointless.

19. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Could not agree with you more. Here is what Ferrari has done with the SF90, it has likely killed or pushed back cars from other manufacturers in the $600k-$1MM category. That to me is a huge strategic win. No one on this forum believed that SF90 will be launched at a base price of $550k-600k. Just call up an Aston dealer and ask how the Valhalla is selling. When the car was released at the Geneva motor show on the back of Valkyrie there was a substantial amount of hype around it. Even since the SF90 came out all we hear is crickets. Suddenly no one cares and you can walk in and buy one tomorrow if you got the cash. Thats pretty bad for a limited edition $1MM car. That is what SF90 has done. It is also going to make life difficult for Aventedor's replacement. I think general opinion towards SF90 is going to change dramatically once the reviews come out and people actually see the car in real world situations.

TS050, Thecadster, Andrew97 and 6 others like this.
  20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That's exactly my point, spot on.
    Nobody has anything similar and all the other manufactures counted on the BB being in the same price range as their products, and not outperform the big three. But it did. It's not that much more than an Aventador, but it will absolutely obliterate it. It's much cheaper than a P1, 918 and La F, and it outperforms those too. It's an amazing car and it's a good benchmark for where production cars are at. It's not a halo car, and those have their own place, and as said, should not be directly compared. But like the 488, 812, TdF etc. now outperforms the Enzo, something has come along and knocked the La F and other two off the throne. But it's a moot point. Ferrari is on its way with the next generation of halo car, and McLaren will provide the world with its own variety of that segment. The SF90 is not a new "hypercar", it's just showing us what's now possible as far as "regular" production cars go - truly impressive. And as with the Enzo and the others, the SF90 will not affect the value or allure of the La F, as that car has something of its own going for it.
    But as far as production cars go, Ferrari has put the entire industry on its end. As far as Lambo? I'm not expecting much to be honest.

TS050, [gTr], Andrew97 and 3 others like this.
  21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    SF90 is the competitor to the future Aventador which will surely have around the same combined HP with hybrid and AWD. 1,000 hp is the new 800hp.

I predict Huracan, F8 and 570S replacements will have ~750hp (all hybrids - F and M with V6 Turbos, L is TBD)

I also predict McLaren will market the 720 replacement against the SF90/Aventador 2, also with around a combined 1,000 hp with hybrid. It will also be priced accordingly. F and M will use 4.0L V8 turbos for ICE. L is unclear. Also unclear whether the Aventador replacement will retain a carbon chassis.

22. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Ferrari has to make a car similar to SF90 but with carbon tub. It will save a lot of weight.

red passion likes this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Don't forget the SF90 already uses a combination of aluminium and CF for the chassis. Unlike the previous generation i.e the XX8 series and beck which were pure aluminium constructions, the SF90 is a construction using both. Again here is used technology that bridges the gap between the former production cars and the halo cars. In other words, technology has trickled down from the halo section to the production section. So of course a pure carbon tub will save additional kilos, but not in the same way it would, had the SF90 used a pure aluminium construction.
    Long live technical progress:)

of2worlds likes this.
  24. s313

s313 Rookie

Oct 9, 2015
    It is a "real life" problem for those who track their cars: 20km is one (average) track session. On a typical track day, there are 5 sessions. So then what, plug in between sessions? How much time would it take to charge the batteries?

We definitely need some real-world reporting and feedback. Looking forward to it.

25. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    if you’re doing more than one fast lap don’t put it in qualy mode. Simple!!!