Please help: Thinking about buying this Cali T | FerrariChat

Please help: Thinking about buying this Cali T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Mgoblue, Feb 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mgoblue

Mgoblue Rookie

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Lang
    Gents, new to this forum (first post) but a long time reader. Finally decided to pull the trigger and buy a Cali T as a semi-daily driver (I work from home and drive 2-3k/yr and have other cars if needed). I found this one at Las Vegas Ferrari and I’m debating on flying up there on Monday to buy it. Can you gents give me your opinion and any specific things I should be asking and looking for? I don’t know what I don’t know... should I take the car somewhere independent to have it inspected? It’s out of the 3yr warranty, but has the 2yr add-on certified Ferrari warranty. Here is the link, and MANY thanks in advance
    https://lasvegas.ferraridealers.com/en_us/search-used-ferrari/2017/ferrari/california_t/2017_ferrari_california_t-ferrari_of%20las%20vegas-ZFF77XJA9H0222527

https://lasvegas.ferraridealers.com/en_us/search-used-ferrari/2017/ferrari/california_t/2017_ferrari_california_t-ferrari_of%20las%20vegas-ZFF77XJA9H0222527

2. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    That looks like a great car! I think it has the Handling Speciale (HS) package from one of the pics that shows the badge on the center armrest and from the look of the rear diffuser, but I would confirm that. It has all the requisite options. I had a HS Cali T and it was amazing absolutely loved the car. I hope you enjoy! Post pics once you get it.

Mgoblue likes this.
  3. Mgoblue

Mgoblue Rookie

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Lang
    Thanks, Avia!! Any tips as I go check it out? Things to look for / be aware of?

4. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    If the car has the certified warranty for 2 more years that means it passed a PPI. Just be careful to check the paint and body work to make sure you don't see anything alarming for an unreported collision. Services will be covered until 2024 so you're good with that. Ask for the old service records and take a look through them. Although these cars tend to be pretty solid. The price seems a little high I might offer 145K with the 2 year warranty. Good Luck!

Mgoblue likes this.
  5. Mgoblue

Mgoblue Rookie

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Lang
    many thanks!! This is very helpful!

6. Quietriot

Quietriot Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2018
    My Cali T has near the same color and specifications and had the appx same mileage when it was purchased. No issues so far after 4000 more miles in 13 months and I did get the 2 year extended warranty for peace of mind. So I sleep better at night. Depends on your risk tolerance with the warranty.

Mgoblue likes this.
  7. Mgoblue

Mgoblue Rookie

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Lang
    Thanks man! This one comes with the 2yr. We agreed to $150k. Just waiting on the service history from the dealer. found another one, 2015, with 3k lower miles and 15k cheaper... now I’m conflicted

8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Check the build date, on the drivers side door jamb, 2 years newer car for $15 K more, seems like a deal to me...T

Mgoblue and Alcav5 like this.
  9. Mgoblue

Mgoblue Rookie

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Lang
    great tip, thank you. so to be clear, in your opinion, go with the newer car despite it having 3k more miles?

10. lucasines

lucasines Karting

Apr 22, 2016
    Paris
    Full Name:
    Gilles
    +1
    That looks like a good car & good deal, with HS Handling Special Package, a must to have it on Cali T (looks like to have it) even if it's not listed.
    Enjoy:)

Mgoblue likes this.
  11. lucasines

lucasines Karting

Apr 22, 2016
    Paris
    Full Name:
    Gilles
    +1
    That looks like a good car & good deal, with HS Handling Special Package, a must to have it on Cali T (looks like to have it) even if it's not listed.
    Enjoy:)

Mgoblue likes this.