Keyless entry? | FerrariChat

Keyless entry?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by shnay, Feb 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shnay

shnay Rookie

Nov 1, 2012
    Instead of digging around for my fob it would be nice to be able to walk up to my locked 488 and just pull the handle to unlock. Is there a setting or something I missed? Do I need to wiggle my foot under the door or something?

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No. only cheap Korean cars have keyless entry. Real cars you use the key.

lol. Just kidding. It should be standard but it's not.

3. shnay

shnay Rookie

Nov 1, 2012
    Is it an option that can be added?

4. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    No it’s not an option. In many places around the world it’s inviting theft as the keyless systems can be defeated relatively easily.

Mighty Joe likes this.
  5. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    To open the door of a 488 I'd solve a word puzzle, do jumping jacks and 60 burpies to get that door open! But hey, that's just me!!! LOL

6. shnay

shnay Rookie

Nov 1, 2012
    Yea I get it but I have insurance and it's locked normally in a garage. I keep all my fobs in faraday boxes already when home. Oh well first world problems...

7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Must admit. Grabbing for the handle with the fob in the pocket and the door opens is a pleasure in my DD. Should be standard on a Ferrari when they changed to the fob. Its not for theft as there are many other vulnerabilities. Not a good reason to omit it IMO. Likely they will add it on the next iteration. Not an issue with mine since I don't need to lock it and my model uses a fob with key anyway. However, you could go ahead and wiggle your foot under the door and get back to us. Maybe take and post a photo for us with a slightly miffed expression. :)

8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Standard on my lowly Alfa Stelvio.
    Standard on my Cadillac CT6.
    Standard on my wife's Chev Traverse.
    Hard to believe in this day & age it's not on the car.
    I used to think well the 488 was developed several years ago and was late to the party. Whatever.

9. shnay

shnay Rookie

Nov 1, 2012
    Yea I just am spoiled.

2016 Tesla X P100D - key always in pocket
    2015 Mclaren 650S Spider - Key always in pocket
    2018 Lincoln Navigator - Key always in pocket
    2008 Gallardo Superleggera - old fashioned key
    2017 488 - half way between old fashioned and modern keyless

Will be nice when you can just have a phone with you and walk up and get in. Need to have more access to RFID in phones to add other cards and keycodes

10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The key fob without keyless is hardly useful - if you can enter the car with the key still in your pocket, it makes sense to be able to star the car without plugging and turning the key. However when you had to take the key to open the door, I really wonder how it helps to be able to put back the key in your pocket (or place it in the intended position in the center console) rather than physically using it to start the car.
    It's a half measure that is a useless gadget for me.

shnay and Need4Spd like this.