First Ferrari | FerrariChat

First Ferrari

Discussion in '360/430' started by HNL29, Mar 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HNL29

HNL29 Rookie

Jun 16, 2013
    Pittsburgh PA
    Greetings...today I fulfilled a lifelong dream and picked up my 2002 360 Spider...about 28k miles, more of a driver than a garage queen but so far so good, she’s in great shape and I had a great day driving her home. Grigio Titanio/Grey Leather Daytona seats, gated 6 speed,
    challenge grill, Tubi Exhaust. Have lurked in this forum for years and found it incredibly helpful in learning about these cars & my search. Some random newb questions I hope you can help me with:

1) Where is a good place to buy Ferrari logo floor mats?
    2) The car has a battery disconnect in the trunk over on the top left side (if you are facing the car from the front), it’s a black plastic dial. Is this OEM or aftermarket? The car came with a battery tender...should I primarily use that or is the disconnect sufficient to protect the battery in between drives?
    3) Eventually the car will need new fabric for the top. It works perfectly and no cracks but there’;s some cosmetic wear in the fabric. Any good options for this?
    4) There’s a small round piece of black plastic (mine is cracked and has a small hole in it) just to the right of the ignition on the dashboard. What is this for? Or what was it for before it broke on my car?

Here’s a few pics...and when I say it’s been a lifelong dream...I really really mean it ;)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

HJZ360, Eric C, SingleClutch and 7 others like this.
  2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
  3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Congratulations.

I've got to say you had way more style and taste than I did at that age...... I was probably playing in the dirt or throwing bricks at something!

Welcome

EastMemphis likes this.
  4. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    Congrats! The day you drive home your first Ferrari is a day to remember!

5. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    First off, massive congratulations and beautiful example!

1: [email protected] Andrews’s mats aren’t cheap but the best around and customizable.

2: The battery disconnect is oem. The battery tender should plug in somewhere in the cockpit. I plug my car in if it may sit for 4+ days.

3: cant help ya, I’m ignorant on convertibles

4: that’s the cabin temperature port. It’s a cheap piece that can be pry’d out easily and replaced. Not a big deal at all.

congrats again!!

6. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
  7. HNL29

HNL29 Rookie

Jun 16, 2013
    Pittsburgh PA
    Thanks to everyone for the replies...yes it is the air temp sensor - I'll grab a new one.

vrsurgeon likes this.
  8. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    good for you man enjoy!

9. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    Congrats!! I love the color combination. In my opinion it’s the best looking on a 360 especially since there are silver interior pieces. Have fun!

Fly fast and take chances

10. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Congrats! She’ll be lots of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

11. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
  12. HNL29

HNL29 Rookie

Jun 16, 2013
    Pittsburgh PA
    Wow those are beautiful...thanks for the reference.