458 - How to tell if the "Handling Kit Upgrade" is installed? | FerrariChat

458 How to tell if the "Handling Kit Upgrade" is installed?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BruceC, Mar 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    I've been shopping 458 Italias for some time as a potential replacement for my 430 Spider. If you include the 2010 & 2011 model years on the shopping list, it seems that the "handling kit upgrade" is a very worthwhile option based on what I've read in these forums. Are there any visual clues that definitively indicate whether or not this particular upgrade has been applied, or is a PPI the only way to tell?

Apologies in advance if this was answered elsewhere in FC - I've looked but not found the answer to this question.

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    There is no handling kit for the 458 Italia. They all came equipped with the same suspension.

3. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
  4. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks, I was just about to copy the link to that thread. Judging by the mostly software nature of the kit, I'm guessing there are no visual cues to tell if the kits been installed

5. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    correct, you can't tell by the exterior, need to check the spec

6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Basically a firmware upgrade to the Side Slip Control, although other systems tweaked, too.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat