430 - OMG what have i done (just bought my F430 Spider!!) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 OMG what have i done (just bought my F430 Spider!!)

Discussion in '360/430' started by goto35march, Apr 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FR500GT

FR500GT Rookie

Jan 26, 2020
    Orange County, CA
    Yessir, sold it right before March so I did okay. I've had a soft spot for the 360 body for some time but never really looked into it until recently. Hoping to find one that fits the budget!

2. Ahmer Sean Faruki

Dec 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    A Sean Faruki
    Wow. I’m torn between this or a 360.

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Congratulations, OP, you have bought a magnificent car. I took mine (gated 430 Spider) our for a blast on empty roads and in sunshine yesterday and never ceases impressing me.

a couple of things that are underrated on these cars:

- the spider design is so good that there is minimal wind and buffetting inside even well over 100mph. This cannot be said for every performance convertible. Meanwhile the 458/488 have a much lower seating position relative to open top making them feel more like targas, less convertibles

- the rawness and feel of the car make it alive at speeds in which a 458 and 488 are just ambling along. Of course we don’t have the limits of the newer cars - but ours are more fun at many legal speeds

I get to review new supercars as part of my job in the media (tho I am not a car journalist). In recent months I’ve taken weeklong high speed trips in a 720S, Huracan Evo Spider, Aston Superleggera, and a Portofino. Honestly I don’t miss or wish for any of them when taking my 430 Spider out for a weekend zoom. The others are much better DDs of course and better at a lot of things, but that’s not the point. Enjoy. The 430 is a real sweet spot.

stan996turbo likes this.
  4. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Nice ride and colour combo.
    Welcome and enjoy

5. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Well you will not have any problem keeping six feet away from anyone.

6. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Congratulations, on the beautiful car. I love my 430 spider it’s a long term keeper for me, as themaven said, the car feels alive in a way that most more modern sports cars have lost.

MKTViper and Themaven like this.
  7. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    offically been over a year and a truly amazing car. ended up putting 2k miles in the first month. lol

8. luccio

luccio Rookie

Feb 10, 2021
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Luccio
    Congrats!
    That's a very nice car. I just pulled the trigger on a 430 as well and can't wait to get her home!

9. Testarossa13

Testarossa13 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tony Jr.
    Congrats to you on the arrival of your F430.You will always remember the experience of pulling the trigger on your first Ferrari.Enjoy your car in good health and listen to the beautiful music of the sound of the car

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Ferrarista98

Ferrarista98 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason L