I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by hankcinq, Apr 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Bonded Title of course means at some point the paperwork failed in some States Sniff Test and a Bond had to be issued.

Not something you wish for but a friend had to do one, to get a car from Impound once...happens to people that drive around on halfway completed title paperwork, avoiding Sales Tax, usually

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  2. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    The bonded title makes me nervous. It's not like you are getting title insurance like when you buy a home. I wonder if financing the car would protect you in that instance, bank holds the title (in their name), so if the title goes bad after the sale would the bank ultimately be on the hook or the person who financed the car?

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The Bonding Company is assuming all future liabilities, no further action required as far as I know.
    That's the purpose..

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  4. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Bank likely will not do a loan on a bonded title.

5. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    All this dodginess and weirdness. This isn't how great deals go down. Period.

Julia and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    It's all weird beyond belief

but the car is 100% confirmed to be at storage facility and has been for years. If the owner really is selling it, its a cool car for $80k.....the guy who posted in this thread last night, no idea what his deal is, we spoke, i still dont get his having to lose $20k but whatever.

Still waiting to hear from owner, his instagram has 125k followers, has a pic of the testarossa, the other car he has going on BAT as well as other cars he's sold on BAT, he's a well known figure....no idea why he's not answering, part of me is thinking maybe someone is listing the cars without owner knowing? Or maybe the owner really just isn't responding who knows.....just weird stuff all around

Last night I thought high chance car wasn't real, amazing how small and tight knit the car world is, I found this car, its owner, and its story within 1 group text and 1 phone call one of the guys in the group text made.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    All this screwing around, you could find an equivalent car for similar money. And be driving it.
    Wasn't there a story about a 575 and ding from neighbor's Benz ages ago you were in midst of? Drama there too.
    Title is already issue.
    Spend. The. Extra. And. Get. Clean. Titled. Car. Simple.
    You were going to pay 90k, now this screwing around for Maranello that sat for 3y and title issues?
    Write a book, or buy a car.
    You bottom feed, you eat detritus.

root, Boomhauer, BOKE and 2 others like this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I thought with the baby u were out of the exotic game?;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I am but we’re moving to a house soon, so no more condo limits. I really wasn’t planning on another sports car this one seemed perfect being local. It’s literally right around what I sold the f1 for so I figured why not I know they’re not scary to own after the last few years with one too,hassle yes, scary no

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    The owner is one thing. It's the guys who aren't the seller who you are interacting with. Walk.

Julia and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  11. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    What did you do with the 812? Found this in the door ding thread I recalled. Forgot you got 812.

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Love Tim Stanford by the way he serviced my tr in Miami and did an awesome job for ma.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

I agree great car for the money!

14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    It's actually not that big of a deal. It means someone that the previous owner put up an insurance policy against the title usually at 1.5 to two times the value. The bond could be for a mechanical lean or a lost title... It could possibly be for a death. Lots of things. But someone out up an insurance policy against the title. The end user will not be affected.

19633500GT likes this.
  15. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    agreed. Also varies by state. My Mondial had one from Georgia. There it simply meant when the owner went to register the car he had lost either the title, prior reg or BoS, and since there was a longer timeline from his purchase to actually registering the car (usually in a shop, or transport storage etc) it made sense. The GA website was very specific that ‘bond’ is not ‘salvage or brand’, and people confuse all 3.

technom3 likes this.
  16. Nownow812

Nownow812 Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    SF
    Hi, I was the winner of the auction and can confirm what has Enrique/ Hank been saying is true (yes this is a new account because I’m new to chat). There are a lot of wife & CA headaches with this car, and I’ll take a bath if some one local wants the car. Agreed that I should have not had the bid, and happy to follow up with BAT. Happy to talk offline etc

sixcarbs likes this.
  17. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    why not walk away? You’d rather fork over $19,750 and not piss BaT off, then just walking away?

m5shiv, F355 Fan 82 and Simon^2 like this.
  18. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    This thread has caused my bu||**** detector to overheat.

Michael_Davis, Sfumato, root and 7 others like this.
  19. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    The saddest thing about this thread to me is there is a 1 of 80 575 maranello 6 speed sitting and rotting in a Miami storage facility for years. That has been confirmed, what the hell thats such a cool car, it deserves better

tritone, SAFE4NOW and Texas Forever like this.
  20. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    And with all the dealers in SoFL,... why hasn't someone snuck in and "stole" this out from under you? Deals this "good" don't become public.

Boomhauer and mathewr like this.
  21. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Cuz it looks like a boat anchor, used and abused lol. That car doesn't need a major, it needs a major restoration.

It doesn't deserve to languish, but someone's going to open up their wallet WIDE to bring it back.

22. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Obviously I haven't seen the car,... but $80K seems under market. That is getting close to Copart pricing.

23. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Not with a salvage title plus a global recession/depression. Price is the price.

You'll be seeing more 575 manuals on the market over the next few years. They are rare but not as rare as the snake oil salesmen want you to believe.

The 355s, 360 sticks, etc. are all coming back to market in big numbers. No more 190 grand 360 manuals! There are still a ton of those out there, and the people who bought into the myth that they were rare were all made fools of. They're already down to 70/80 grand and will go alot lower. Kaboom!

DOWORKFCAR, m5shiv and munichhero like this.
  24. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    not as rare as the snake oil salesman will have you believe?

There's 80 of them in the US and 246 total made, no offense you have no idea what you're talking about, 80 cars is pretty damn rare.

The other cars you mentions there's thousands of manuals, there's a whopping 80 575 maranellos with a stick that came to the US.

25. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

The guy who refuses to walk away from a con job and thinks that a 1 out of 204,000 used mercedes is rare and collectible thinks that I don't know what I'm talking about. That's rich.

The fact that the car is manual does not make it rare. Those were yesterday's rules of the cc market bubble. Bubble has burst. Those rules are all over now. The fact that your 575 is a manual will mean nothing price wise over the coming years. The game is over.

Boomhauer likes this.