Anyone made spare keys for S4 Esprit | FerrariChat

Anyone made spare keys for S4 Esprit

Discussion in 'British' started by Meister, Apr 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Hi, Some jackwads stole my 1994 Esprit Key. Only one I had and yes it had been on my list to make copies for years but didnt.

Been doing research on the net but lots of confusing info. Key barrel is at the locksmith now, just wondering if anyone with an S4 has maybe made spares and knows which blanks or blank numbers to look for? Some research says LF17 and also 95-2003 range rover blanks work.

Thanks

psych0hans likes this.
  2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    JAE Lotus has blanks for $30 and looks like I can buy a new switch with key via ebay or online. Lotus/Jag in MSP is getting back to me about ordering a new key via Lotus USA so we'll see how that goes....

Moral of the story....Don't procrastinate on making copies of your keys like this idiot ;)

3. ArtOnWheels

ArtOnWheels Rookie

Sep 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Full Name
    Not sure where you live but I do remember Brian at Gentry Lane recommending a local locksmith who made spare keys. That is of course from a template so I’m not sure if that helps. I need to get my ass in gear and made a copy. Don’t worry you were not alone in the spare key procrastination department.

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    So I found an ignition switch on ebay with a key. Bought and installed that but obviously that key wont work the doors. MSP jag/lotus was able to order me new keys from lotus $30 each just using the vin but wont get them until august. So with the switch/key I found on ebay I can at least drive and move the car around. I was thinking hundreds of $ but it turned out pretty well.