812 Superfast interior configuration | FerrariChat

812 Superfast interior configuration

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by DukeFerrari, May 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DukeFerrari

DukeFerrari Rookie

May 16, 2018
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Duke
  2. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Personally, I would go a bit easier on the beige. Love the cuoio - which I have in my F12, but went with black alcantara roof as well as black carpets, dashboard and steering wheel. Enjoy your time w the configurator!!!!

3. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Looks great, contrast with exterior is classic.

4. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just FYI, a light upper dash has a strong reflection to sunlight and significantly reduces visibility during bright days

350MH83, junc, gliazzurri and 2 others like this.
  5. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Better to go with black steering wheel and upper dash. Seems a bit busy to my eyes. But I do like cuoio.

stavura, gt1995, anunakki and 2 others like this.
  6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Some thoughts:

* lighter dash will reflect on to the windshield on bright days, but I also love the look and if you wear polarized sunglasses this likely won't be a huge issue for you.

* I think the mix of beige and cuoio is interesting, but its a little too much, especially with the stripes and the diamond headliner. I would pick either beige or cuoio. You could change the feeling of the color by going with alcantara in a few places. Maybe the lower dash, map pockets and what they call the upper part- the a pillars and the area around the headliner/ ceiling. You could also do this in alcantara but then I think you would likely lose your diamond stitch.

* I would skip the CF on the steering wheel as thats the only CF you have. I suggest either do more CF on the interior (I tend to think either do it all or don't do any) or if you want the LEDs, you can get them. Just tell them you want the steering wheel in cuoio with LEDs wrapped in leather. They will do it and it will cost you the same as the CF steering wheel with LEDs.

* I notice you left the doors in standard black with the cuoio insert. I think the black areas are there to join to the black dash many people spec. Since you've gone with a lighter color dash, I would look to change these areas also to match. It will be more luxurious and you could do the inserts in alcantara to add some contrast.

junc, MalibuGuy and klinkman like this.
  7. adci

adci Karting

Oct 3, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    AD
    Stitched horse would look better in red to match the stripe.

gt1995 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I might skip the diamond headliner. Is there another part of the interior that ties in with this design look?
    Does anyone else think the cavallino stitched in silver or is it white clashes with the red strip on the seats.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. MelbourneCarl

MelbourneCarl Rookie

Dec 23, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    IMHO (but you did ask for opinions):
    - Love the leather parcel shelf, something not enough people get!
    - Carbon drivers zone rather than just carbon wheel is a must, the feel of the carbon shift paddles on your fingers is so good. All other interior carbon is a waste of money as you'll always have the door pulls in aluminum, so just leave the vents, etc, in aluminum rather than buying carbon.
    - The two-tone beige I think risks looking like a mistake. Pick beige or cuoio and run with it rather than mixing.
    - I would echo the others in suggesting black dash uppers & steering wheel. Can always go cuoio stitching on the steering wheel if you want to keep it tying in.
    - I like the diamond roof for a classier, less hardcore look. I would also pair it with the Daytona inserts seats.
    - I'm ambivalent about the red stripe/stitching with the tan interior. Not hugely anti it, but not what I would do. Yellow or red stitching looks great on nero leather, but if I was doing a tan interior I would just alternate with the black... i.e. black stitching on the tan leather, tan stitching on the black leather.

If this is a serious spec rather than a Sunday-afternoon play, you're living my dream. The chance to order & spec a new 812 is seriously winning in life, congrats!

10. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Love it, I would only change the horse colour to match the red unless you are planning to stitch the other parts of the car like the horse.

11. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007

12. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    What city are you in? I would go to the dealer as the online configurator is limited. I would either get full CF or no CF at all. The sports seats are a better choice. The quilted roof w/ Bianco horse and Rosso stripes seem a bit busy.

13. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    This is good advice. You want to go with classic color combinations or you will have real problems on resale, unless you plan to buy the car outright and keep it forever.
    Black dash and wheel, cuio (or beige) is fine, red horse as others have noted. Maybe black carpets as well, the car is red outside anyway. Can't tell on the stiching, is it black or red? I guess I would go black.

Looks to be a gorgeous car!

14. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    Does anyone know the letters for the option to change the leather on the door handle and the leather covering the speaker in the door?

Like this guy was able to configure the door pull and speaker leather to beige. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Definitely too many colors going on in there. Keep it more simple. Don't get cuoio and beige. Pick one.
    Consider the reflection as others note on the dash--black seems better generally.
    Don't mix the stitching colors like headrest cavallino and other internal stripe colors--make them the same--or don't get the cavallino stitched if you don't want the color of the stripe on it.
    I personally don't mind the idea of the regular shift paddles if you aren't getting other carbon inside--as it goes with the rest of the aluminum themes inside and fits properly.
    Enjoy the fun of picking it out!

Napoli likes this.
  16. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #16 Frank_C, May 10, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2020
    Originally I reversed the entire interior colors with cuoio upper dash and upper doors, black lower dash and door inserts etc all inside the car with black headliner.

But I couldn’t sleep at night so I did all cuoio interior and broke it up with alcantera.

So leather upper dash, upper interior, alcantera lower dash, headliner and door, leather tunnel, leather rear panel, alcantera parcel shelf & alcantera Daytona inserts. I also did black wheel with LEDs, I personally can’t stand the cuoio wheel.

I don’t have a gram of carbon in my car- lost its luster, like gold trim in the 90s de mode for me- hell my son has the carbon package in his Ford pick up truck.

PS I disagree and don’t know what everyone is talking about with reflection, perhaps it’s because in Texas it isn’t hot or we don’t have much sun.........not an issue at all. My wife’s Levante has a red dash as well.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

635CSI, Avia11, A348W and 1 other person like this.
  17. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Forgot to mention I went with burgundy stitching, which is a smidge more subtle than red and black rings around the vents instead of red. Rosso mugello exterior.

PS You have to get painted shields instead of badges- perfect size and they just make the car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Not much sun in Texas??? Which part are you in?
    It depends on the light angle but will have a mirroring effect near the bottom of the windscreen, where the vents are for the defroster etc. and even if black upper part will show deviated stitching that is anything other than extremely dark and reveal the contrast. It isn't that big of a deal, but some people find it distracting. Glad you are making progress!!