F360 CV boot heat shields | FerrariChat

F360 CV boot heat shields

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by alex360S, May 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alex360S

alex360S Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2006
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Is it normal that the CV boot heat shields touch the catalytic converters. It’s the same on both sides and drivers side seams to be deteriorating on the outer edge of the shield as the lip joint of the cat sits on the shield at that point. Just wondering if this is ok or can the exhaust system be raised to create more clearance. I’ve tried twisting the cat but then seal onto header is no good and if I would try to raise exhaust then that will put a strain on the header.

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

It is normal to touch , but shouldn't. The cat can be raised by dealing with the 2 bolts, the way the 2 bolts were bolted means that the angle of the cat can be adjusted.

3. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    It is normal for those heat shields to rub on the exhaust system and wear. You can't move the exhaust without creating alignment problems with all of the exhaust components. The brackets for the heat-shields are slotted where they mount to the gearbox. I loosen them up and adjust them for the best clearance on the catalytic converters and the CV joints.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports

4. alex360S

alex360S Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2006
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thank you Brian. Will try adjusting but I'm afraid the clearance to CV boot will be too small as it is now with both shields touching the cats and if i attempt to lower the shields further I fear rubbing on CV boot.