308 GT4 Radio Installation / Removal | FerrariChat

308 GT4 Radio Installation / Removal

Discussion in '308/328' started by sportcoupe, May 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sportcoupe

sportcoupe Karting

Dec 27, 2016
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems to me that the entire center console needs to be removed in order to get access to the radio. I pulled off the face plate on the currently installed radio thinking the unit would just pull out. It appears that the radio is sandwiched between the tunnel cover and the face plate. Am I missing something?

2. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    If you still have the old two knob style radio then yes the center console needs to be lifted to get the radio out but not completely removed. If you can lift it 6” or so you should be able to slide it out. There should be enough slack in the wiring and choke cable to do so. The shorter section of console around the gas pedal will need to be removed first. Gear shift gate will need to be removed too.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. sportcoupe

sportcoupe Karting

Dec 27, 2016
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I am going to leave it be. The radio is original to the car, but it is a clarion and I never thought it looked quite right.

4. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    Becker Mexico is the more likely original to the car.