458 - Battery Tender Lights | FerrariChat

458 Battery Tender Lights

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by craigburton, May 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craigburton

craigburton Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Hoping someone here might be able to help... My car (458) went in for its annual service last week. Collected it and forgot to connect the battery tender over the weekend. Went to plug it in under the dash and only the power light came on. Usually the power light is on all the time, along with one of the battery state lights. Now it’s just showing the power light and no battery state lights...? If I disconnect the tender from the car the power light goes out. It may be my tender has packed up. Has anybody experienced this?

The pic below is taken with the tender plugged into the car. If I turn the ignition on and try and start the car with the tender plugged into the car it just comes up with the red ‘broken’ battery icon on the dash. If I unplug the tender the car starts as normal.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    You cannot start the car with any tender plugged in under the dash. The car will not allow it to start. As to your Tender, I cannot say. It might have failed. But I'll let someone else chime in. I had a CTEK MUS 4.3 that I used with my former 360 Spider and it gave me excellent service. When I traded it for my 458 Spider I purchased the proper adapter to allow me to use my CTEK in the 458. I've been very happy. Now my Ferrari charger is stored away.

3. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    #3 Sargepug, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Yup on starting it and yup on the Ctek. Best one w/8 stages, properly keeps the battery healthy. OP, get one ASAP, that one you have is NG!

Attached Files:

4. craigburton

craigburton Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Thanks for your reply. I was/am aware that you can’t start the car while the tender is plugged in, I mentioned that to make the point that the car is recognising it is connected, even though it doesn’t seem to be charging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShadowLAP and Sargepug like this.