2020 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 34 | FerrariChat

2020 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Dec 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm on the Gold Coast but it's a freezing 12 degrees

2. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    about the same here - too flaming cold!

3. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    It’s nice in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I would have said: "brisk"

5. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The Scuderia Ferrari works hard in the Maranello factory to arrive in the best possible way at the start of the 2020 Formula 1 season, which is expected for the first weekend of July on the occasion of the Austrian GP. Among its advancements is a power unit with an additional 20 horsepower.

There have been more than a few cancellations and event suspensions due to the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic, but it seems that Formula 1 is beginning to glimpse the light at the end of the tunnel: the motorsport queen category wants to return to action in July with a double event in Austria, as Chase Carey himself revealed.

Meanwhile, Formula 1 teams have had a mandatory 63-day factory shutdown period imposed by the FIA . However, Ferrari was one of the first teams that decided to close its doors due to the coronavirus, and both its engine department and the other sections are already in place.

The appointment of Austria will be crucial for the future of the season, as some parts of the cars will be frozen to save costs , hence why Ferrari wants to arrive in good shape. For this, in Maranello they work almost in every section of the car, but especially in the nose, the flat bottom, the gearbox and, above all, the power unit.

According to the Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, the evolutions of the power unit focus on a new cylinder head and modifications to the combustion chamber, which will optimize the combustion of the mixture of air and gasoline. In addition, this would come with an update of the software that manages the electrical part - an operation that they were looking for since the beginning of the year, finally achieved. In total, the gain would be 20 horsepower.

Ferrari is aware of the importance of power on a track like the Red Bull Ring, so they intend to start the season directly with this 'version B' of their engine, which they have worked on for the last few months with little rest - according to the media Quoted, the engine has been tested on the test bench in three daily shifts.

As for the aerodynamic section, there is talk of a remodeling of the flat bottom that leads to other mandatory modifications. In the preseason tests they discovered a 'micro flexing' in the gearbox that influenced the fixing points of the rear suspension and varied the behavior of the car, something that Charles Leclerc especially complained about. The solution, a priori, is to strengthen the outer cover.

https://translate.google.com/transl...ustria-20-caballos-mas-976701&prev=search

6. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    yes, but I had to be in the office yesterday - today is gorgeous so a quick lap of the beach sand and then heading for the hills in the 308! All that heat through the front fire wall will keep my toes toasty warm...

Gizzi likes this.
  7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  8. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  9. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
  10. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    IanB likes this.
  11. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    As if.

IanB likes this.
  12. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Do you actually believe Seb can beat Hamilton in the same car? . If anything, over the past 3 seasons Hamilton had proven he has a massive mental edge over him, sending him crying to a sports therapist.

13. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I wouldn't describe the edge as "massive" but I agree that Hamilton is the faster of the two.

14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I haven't seen any evidence to support that.

15. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Hamilton said he is didn't he ?

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I might add that both drivers have shown that in a car that suits them they are untouchable and if they are in a car they're not comfortable with they're invariably nowhere to be found and spend most of the time complaining. They have a lot in common. Both sore losers and bad Sports.

IanB likes this.
  17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    You won't get back into the F1 section with posts like that :p

You must maintain the mantra "Lewis is a GOAT!!"

I do, but I mean it in a different way :p

18. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Yes, hard to find any objective comparison, because they've never been team mates or raced together in a junior category. I'm no fan of either of them, I think subjectively that Lewis has the edge on natural speed.

19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hopefully one day we find out.

Steve355F1 likes this.