Mondial QV Oil Level Light Troubleshooting | FerrariChat

Mondial QV Oil Level Light Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by IndySB, May 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IndySB

IndySB Rookie

Aug 2, 2018
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I know this has been discussed many times and I've read every thread I can find already, but perhaps someone has new insight. My Mondial QV had been stored for several months and I got it out last weekend for a drive. The oil level light in the warning panel came on so I checked the oil level and found it slightly low by not quite a quart. I followed the procedure in the owner's manual for properly checking and topping up the oil, but afterwards the oil level light stayed on. I cleaned the sensor on the end of the dipstick, removed the two wires from the plastic connector and made sure they were solidly attached to the terminals, cleaned all connections, reassembled and the light stayed on. Finally I fashioned a jumper wire and inserted it in the wiring connector that attaches to the dipstick, effectively making it a closed circuit, and the light went off.

Seems then that the wiring circuit is working fine since I can close the circuit with the jumper wire and the light goes off, so the only other fault must lie with the sensor on the dipstick? Anyone have any input, and guidance for finding the discontinued electronic dipstick if that is indeed the problem?

2. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    They'll show up on EBAY occasionally at close to $200

IndySB likes this.
  3. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    One time, I had that same symptom - an air bubble was inside the sensor after an oil change. By filling the sensor with a few drops of oil before refitting it the light went off.

Qavion likes this.