488 - Bluetooth Phone Volume - I can't hear conversation | FerrariChat

488 Bluetooth Phone Volume - I can't hear conversation

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by RaceMX-M3, May 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Just wondering if this common or if there's an issue with my system. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

When I get a call and connect - volume max - at idle I can barely hear the caller. If I start driving forget it, can't hear anything. ??

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Make sure that the volume is up on your phone handset as well as the volume on the dash knob. The volume on your handset is like the gain on an amp.

3. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah just tried that. I can hear at idle though it's a strain.

4. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I can hear pretty well unless WOT
    I’ll close the valves to make it more audible.
    Maybe try syncing a different phone to see if it’s your phone vs something in the car?

5. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    This is the third phone I've used. Same problem each time. Phone works fine with my other cars. I can just ask the dealer to look at it next time I have my car in.

6. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello,

I use an Apple 8Plus with the 458 Italia setup without any issues. I can easily hear the caller on long drives with cruise control engaged, or in regular driving.

I should mention that I have the regular Ferrari stock exhaust, (my 458 is still under warranty, so no mods). A few months ago, I made a near 18 hour straight drive (Atlanta to Houston) and used the phone extensively without issues.

Good luck bruddah! Cheers!

Texas Forever and RaceMX-M3 like this.
  7. Wait, are you sure you have the radio volume turned to max? Because what happens when the phone call disconnects?

The radio would be so loud I'd image it would blow the speakers.

I know on my car if its anywhere near 25, the sound from the speakers make it seem like my windows are going to crack. And I have the base, no-frills, stereo system.

8. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    phone volume does not = radio volume. it reverts back to where it was when the call ends.

Viperjoe likes this.