New garage for 360 | FerrariChat

New garage for 360

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Husker, Jun 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Well, I just acquired a Ferrari 360 and decided it needs its own garage. So construction began today on a detached, single car garage plus attached outdoor living space. Today is fence tear down, sod cut out, and footings prep. I will post a photo or two each day until completion and the car is stored.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

colombo2cam and EastMemphis like this.
  2. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    My new garage is nearly finished. All I need is the driveway.

I suggest that when the foundation is being prepared, be sure to take into account that one day you might want to install a lift. I dug out an extra 3" down where my planned lift will sit and put in extra rebar. Cost: $0. Doing so after the fact would be a major nightmare.

Another thing to consider, especially since you're doing a one car, is to make it just a bit wider and longer than typical since the doors really take a lot of room to open on these cars and having a bit more room in the back or front could make it easier for maintenance. Plus, adding a bit now is cheap compared to the impossibility of doing so later.

The last thing I would recommend is to be sure to wire it with at least one 50 amp 220v outlet for future electrical car charging needs. You may not have an electric car today but it is almost guaranteed you will at some point. Cheap to add up front, a bear to do later.

Husker likes this.
  3. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    that’s some good info! Thank you!

4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    They are good points which I would reinforce.

I converted my double car port to a garage with a small side extension for a run of workshop counter. I can only open one door on the car and only get around the front or back of the car at one time.

Whilst I had some issues with some nimbie councilers, I really wish I had spent the time pushing the length/width so I can open both doors fully at the same time and walk all around the car without moving it.

As said, dead easy to do now; not so later.

If it’s not too much trouble worth plumbing water in as well for cleaning hands, parts, water filter for washing car etc.

5. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I am somewhat space limited so there's some compromising that I have to do to get it all to fit. The interior will be 12X22. Certainly enough to open doors and walk around, plus some on room on the end for a work bench and an old Honda Trail 90 that belonged to my dad. I think I am going to cut a hole in the unseen wall and install a window a/c to keep temps at a decent level in the hot months. I find that just an oil space heater does quite nicely in the winter. I thought about a mini-split but didn't want to spend the extra $$$. Good idea?

BTW I already have double garage for our drivers.

tfos750 likes this.