812 VS Rumors | Page 71 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    *market firming up, typo

2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    You're right. Not many will have both but I bet a lot more will have the 812 GTS or 812 SF and a F12 Tdf.

uhn2000, gliazzurri and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    If both are required then the VS is likely to be a low numbered Aperta ( open top) variant.. some part of me for some reason still thinks ( i said that before) there will be a limited numbered aperta and a VS coupe that likely will be limited not numbered so both collectors and “flippers” who support financially the brand can be rewarded. Why should they only go for a low numbered open top when they can make a huge profit?

4. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well that is the latest. As I say, source not direct so I take the pinch of salt, however, same source been on the money far too often. Personally I have not got a clue ! If it is limited numbers and you did not get a La F, TDF, Monza you are a long way down any list in my view. Whatever, it is going to be very expensive. That bit I do believe. If it is 500k gbp, you can always get a TDF anyway. It would be something if the 812 VS can beat the looks that is for sure, and you really cannot use anymore power. TDF is iconic for me. For many an 812 will be the better car for their needs anyway.

Caeruleus11, Roland1688 and of2worlds like this.
  5. montpellier

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Agree , almost zero I would think. Many I know dislike the GTS design and will keep SF.

6. montpellier

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #1756 montpellier, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    More or less yes, or minimum over list, say 10/20k. For such a rare car (relatively- TDF plus a bit numbers) it shows how Ferrari have totally destroyed their UK market credentials. It is , alongside McLaren, the worst depreciating car on the market. Lamborghini have taken over the high ground, an SVJ compared to an 812 SF , no contest if you want to reduce your losses. Chronic over supply to people who are not brand loyal (they wanted new customers) and Ferrari UK have totally screwed their true customer base. You can buy a brand new 200k list Portofino for 160k no problem. Discounts on new cars everywhere. Dealers full of no miles new cars people are running away from. Luxury exclusive brand ? Not anymore. Over priced and over produced. You cannot do both at the same time.

I do want to add. The cars, themselves are fantastic. Really amazing. But the commercial policy over the last 18 months catastrophic for the future (though great for short term bonuses)

7. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Agree. For well over £500k tdf is an iconic car and the standard 812 ( no gpf) has everything you need to be a great car for a very long time

deltona, Roland1688 and montpellier like this.
  8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Thought: If 812VS is numbered, its base price should be very expensive, perhaps 750K USD (~600GBP) before any options, this will serve two purposes, (a) provide nice profit to Ferrari; (b) stabilize tdF pricing at that point and higher (not that Ferrari cares about that, but would occur...)

Roland1688 and of2worlds like this.
  9. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    I agree that it's quite unrealistic
    so let's say that if you have both you will have a more straight access.......but not enough

gliazzurri, Roland1688 and of2worlds like this.
  10. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Also all very much depends on what the engine will be if there is some sort of assistance it will immediately mark the tdf/812 as being the last na v12 and could even help provide some support to 812 prices. Tdf prices will come down a bit more imo but not massively more imo they should lose £50/100k max and stay there for a while. The effect on price will also depend on the supply of other limited edition cars in the market whether from Ferrari or there brands that’s an important factor that can push tdf prices further down.

11. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If you think about it, if the 812VS includes GPF, noise reduction (per EU compliance), hot-tube (piping sound into the interior), e-Turbo (boost power)

that's a game changer and would likely have little impact on tdF pricing since the tdF will be the last "raw" limited edition V12

I do not agree on tdF pricing being affected by what other manufacturers are doing, I see zero impact vis-a-via the tdF.

SirPouyan, gzachary, ScrappyB and 2 others like this.
  12. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    You might be right one thing for sure and I think we both agree if the VS has some form of extra bits like gpf, eturbo tdf and 812( pre gpf) and to some extent the standard F12 will mark the end of an era of cars and be desirable ... unless they come up with a revolutionary na v12 that looks and sounds amazing in the next few years who knows.. i do think though that the F12/TdF/812 will be remembered in the future as very special cars and that soon they won’t be making those cars anymore at least in normal production. They might still continue to produce special “raw” cars but at stratospheric prices

Caeruleus11, gliazzurri and JTSE30 like this.
  13. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    my 2 cents the number of 812 VS will be higher than Tdf and 812 VS / 812 VS Aperta ratio will be 3/1

14. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I would tend to agree with that with possibly only the aperta being numbered

15. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I’m in love with convertible cars but I do prefer SF design compared to GTS one . Looking GTS from behind it is too flat , it looks like a 308 GTS with vitamins . SF is far more aggressive and trunk capacity should be an issue . It was my idea to use SF waiting for a GTS but I changed mind , first because I like more SF style and second because I don’t like to wait . I decided too keep my new SF and I bought a roadster from another car manufacturer . I’m very happy and I’m already enjoy with both

16. ale75

ale75 Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    899 812 VS
    299 812 VS Aperta

Realistic?

17. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Me too prefer the SF and my preference was confirmed during the launch of the GTS i agree the rear deck is too flat and out of proportion for a car that is rather big to start with

18. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Why not buy a 458 spider?

19. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Would seem odd hardly for purists an 860 bhp scuttle shake VS, they can’t get scuttle out of the V8s let alone this nose heavy car.

20. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Agree I see non GPF 812 Coupe being a good long term bet (at the right money) against for me at least the awkward looking GTS with a cheap roof design and GPF. Shmee video the difference in sound was marked at start up. I have a pre and post GPF Porsche, again big difference.

deltona, uhn2000, gliazzurri and 2 others like this.
  21. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Me too a GT4 718 Spyder for what I would pay just for optional extras on a GTS, I love it.

Gianfranco341 likes this.
  22. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    There is one thing I do wonder if there is a VS Aperta then
    What do you consider right money? And what’s your long term view?

23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    For those build totals I think 812 coupes and 312 spiders has a nice ring to IT. A new body design would be a major upgrade that would pump up the lust factor; especially considering the relative style "tweaks" that the tdF received.
    Could the VS look like a Roma on Steroids???

24. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    My bet is 1500vs and 500 aperta.

Well I am one of those having sf90 and gts ordered. Funny Sf90 order was in last year now gts order is in afew days ago and dealer is expecting gts arrives first.

Well sf90 won’t last for long in my garage since most will want spider after september.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

25. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    That would mean only the aperta will be numbered

Roland1688 and LARRYH like this.