Leaving the 360 spider top down for 10-12 days ok? | FerrariChat

Leaving the 360 spider top down for 10-12 days ok?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Husker, Jun 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I put my 360 in the body shop last tuesday to fix a tiny nick on the "hump" lid right behind the driver's seat. It's that piece that raises up and the top goes down into it. They raised that lid to unbolt it so that they can refinish it, and they are leaving the top down (stowed away), while they work on it. I expect it to be ready this Friday. Does it do the top or its various mechanisms harm to have it all stowed away for such a period?

2. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    No, it should be fine. I recently replaced a complete top assembly for a client. I used a NOS top from 2007. It had been folded for over 12 years. It had a few wrinkles when it first closed, but they smoothed out just fine after a while.

3. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Whew thank you I’ve been worried

4. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    12 days, no worries. It's best to keep it up when not being driven, but that's not a long time. Even with mine up most of the time it still has the typical wrinkles that are expected. I'd worry more about them masking off the interior from body shop dust and such.

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    It wouldn't be the first time :)

Husker likes this.