Carb rebuild 75 308GT4 | FerrariChat

Carb rebuild 75 308GT4

Discussion in '308/328' started by jlonmark, Jun 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hey guys, I seem to have an air leak in one of the carbs on my gt4 Dino. The car will sometimes backfire when you turn it off. I live in Los Angeles, so anybody local would be great. If not, I can always send them out. I assume I should probably rebuild all 4 at once? Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My first inclination of a backfire out of the exhaust when turning the engine off is running too rich. The unburnt fuel in the muffler ignites from heat when the air flow stops. My GT4 use to do that when I bought it, a carb clean/tune solved the problem. My Z turn mower does it every time if I don't let it idle for 30 seconds before shutting it off. Sounds like a gunshot!

3. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Pierce Manifolds can rebuild them. Their lead time can be lengthy as they support a lot of racers that need quick turnaround but the results are impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

NoGoSlow likes this.
  4. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    I got a recent quote from Pierce for my 1975 GT4 set... $2,800 with one month turnaround.

5. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Gulp !!!

6. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    They charge a lot. I went there in person and they had a ton of machinery and test equipment from the Weber factory, which does make them unique.