Daily driving the old fiberglass 308 in Miami....... | FerrariChat

Daily driving the old fiberglass 308 in Miami.......

Discussion in '308/328' started by RAMMER, Jul 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    Greetings fellas....its been a while since I last posted. This past week I had my regular car in the shop for service so I decided to daily drive my beloved 1976 308. It was a beautiful sunny day but the Miami heat was insane. I went to the bank, grabbed some breakfast and gas prior to heading for work. On the way home we had a storm but this thing is fiberglass! Having owned this car for 15 years it is interesting to see how others react to it and how reactions have changed over time. In general I think that its appeal has grown greatly and others are quick to offer thumbs up, pics/videos and strike up conversations. At local car meets it attracts a ton of attention over the newer cars. Twice this year I was asked to place the car at the front of the event. How times have changed. I remember how it was once considered the budget Ferrari. I am not saying it is no longer the budget Ferrari but the 308s are now considered cool rather than old. In any case I love the thing and while it was lot of money I spent to get it($25,500), it was money well spent. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

jimangle, robbie308, Dane and 9 others like this.
  2. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Made me smile this morning, thank you!

As I get older, the number one thing that keeps me from enjoying my 308 isn’t the fear of breaking down, inadequate AC, etc. it’s that 1 in 10 drivers I see on the road has one hand on the wheel and the other holding a cell phone up (presumably) watching a video posted on social media.

Beta Scorpion and Dane like this.
  3. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    Are you saying that 1 in 10 drivers is texting and driving.....I bet the number is much higher!

Rosey and 308 milano like this.
  4. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    I just assumed it was a typo that meant to say 1 in 10 drivers ARE NOT texting while driving. ;)

308 milano and JuLiTrO like this.