Ferrari 360 A.C. Control Bulbs | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 A.C. Control Bulbs

Discussion in '360/430' started by AlphaBoy, Aug 25, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlphaBoy

AlphaBoy Karting

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M. D.
    Hello,

I had some burnt A/C light bulbs yesterday (AC Controlling Unit) and wanted to replace the bulbs only, I have no intention to buy a used unit for $900 nor a new one for $1600 just for two burnt bulbs; anyways.. Any one has ever replaced them? Where can I get some bulbs from?
    I dissembled the unit yesterday and the bulbs had some greenish color on them or to be exact they had a green wrap all around. Color doesn't matter because the car looks UGLY from the inside and I'm kinda embarrassed lol!

Thanks!

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    if you go on ebay and check for led instrument bulbs.. you can probably replace them with LED. I open the unit last and SHOULD have replaced all of them but was a slacker and didn't. I did replace both the window switch bulbs with LED however..
    Just replace them with LED. Ebay: "led instrument bulb"

3. AlphaBoy

AlphaBoy Karting

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M. D.
    Thanks for the input. You are correct I found some! But would they all fit? I mean there's many of them with different sizes, shapes and LED bulb diagrams..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-x-42mm-Super-Blue-6-LED-Instrument-Light-Bulb-6429-/350485608668?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519a91f8dc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-x-39mm-White-9-LED-Instrument-Light-Bulb-6418-3428-/330602559091?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf972b673

Thank you!

4. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    So, are we able to actually change the color of the instrumentation lighting? I'd love to get rid of the green personally....

5. AlphaBoy

AlphaBoy Karting

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M. D.
    You'll need the exact same bulb with different color as the stock is green itself and that's what I'm trying to find.. Tried to replace them with a different style bulbs but failed.. The panel itself has a weird black base for the bulb to sit on ;x

6. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Those links seem to be for the replacement of the likes of the interior (dome type) light in most cars. 42mm = ? = circa 1.75 inch - not the kind of size you want for instrument clusters I suspect!

7. AlphaBoy

AlphaBoy Karting

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M. D.
    Agreed.
    I'm looking for the bulbs only now, but i don't know which one to go with!

8. AlphaBoy

AlphaBoy Karting

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M. D.

Thanks a lot for the links, I think you might found the ones I'm looking for..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10pcs-74-37-T5-Instrument-Panel-LED-Bulbs-Blue-White-/200643533124?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb7495944

And yes, that's the weird black base I was talking about lol!

So.. Are we sure that these bulbs would fit? I'm asking this because I am ready to place an order :D

Thanks!

9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Go cheap my friend. Go cheap.

That will probably work.. if not you can try these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-1-LED-74-T5-Mini-Wedge-Round-Bulbs-White-12-volt-DC-/140596263627?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bc30bacb

Only problem with ebay is the ones shipping from the US arrive quick while the ones from Hong kong can take 2-3 weeks to get here.. :-( Just buy a few but don't get more than 10 bucks worth. My policy is I don't know until I get it, and if it's misrepresented then no big loss... or I just use it on other bulbs in the car. ;-)

10. AlphaBoy

AlphaBoy Karting

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M. D.
    Couldn't agree more :D I'll go ahead and buy something less than $10

Thanks bud!

11. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Those were TEN for $6.00, that's pretty cheap, no? Has anyone here done a change over on all of the green bulbs? How many are there, how hard or time consuming is it?

I for one would love to get out of the Green era as they look rather dated and the blue would be a nice change.

12. AlphaBoy

AlphaBoy Karting

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M. D.
    They're from Hong Kong, I found better ones from Texas and ordered them :D
    There is FIVE or SIX inside the A/C control unit, very easy to change with the correct tools; would take 2 minutes to change them all ;-)

13. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    #15 djastral69, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    What about the dash? Did you order green ones or are you going with a different color on the ac panel and have green on the dash?

What tools are specified for the job, torx?

14. AlphaBoy

AlphaBoy Karting

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M. D.
    #16 AlphaBoy, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    Might do that if I had to! But I think I'm going to wrap them with anything has a green color, will decide when I get them though.
    Yes, all you need is a Torx.

15. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    I also broke one of my bulbs.. and I need to know exactly where to get the bulbs for the "STOP" and "INTERNAL AIR" buttons on the AC unit, plus I suppose I need the green sleeves?

anyone know?

thanks

16. Gianni360

Gianni360 Karting

Jan 1, 2019
    OrlAndo, FL
    Full Name:
    Jon V
    Hello. Does anyone know how these bulbs are removed? Are they soldered onto the board? Or do they pullout of the little sockets somehow?
    Thanks!