Roof stuck and other oddities | FerrariChat

Roof stuck and other oddities

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dugmich, Jul 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dugmich

Dugmich Rookie

May 21, 2019
    Carlisle Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Douglas Micciantuono
    Took the f430 out yesterday....was almost 100 degrees out...top gave a bit of trouble coming down as windows didnt auto shut....didn't think much of it.....thought I smelled a burning smell when i got it home.....this am when I went to start it so I could close roof I got a CST error, I went to close the roof and it got stuck...see pic....CST error has gone away but roof still stuck...tried to shut off engine, put top back down to no avail...now when I try to drive it the buzzer goes off due to roof not being fully closed....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    I had something similar with the roof cover not fully slotting in place. There’s a bar that gives shape to the roof when closed. A piece of elastic provides tension so it moves to its open location. If the elastic is past it’s best, it doesn’t allow the roof to fold flat enough for the cover to slide in place. When opening the roof, reach up and push the bar back. It doesn’t require much effort. Although you describe other issues, the roof cover closing could be this.

3. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    Dugmich likes this.
  4. Dugmich

Dugmich Rookie

May 21, 2019
    Carlisle Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Douglas Micciantuono
    Thanks....its on its way to the dealer...

5. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Check to make sure all the bolts of the lifting mechanism are secured. I had one pop out and two that were loose (3 per side) and it would not close. I don’t think that is your issue since things still look straight and not slightly twisted.

If your elastics have never been replaced, then that is probably the issue.