Seat bolster ware? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Seat bolster ware?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Tim Ryan, Jul 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Got you , my bad. Don't worry mate your not crazy. Ive covered all the painted surface even under the car and in the door jams with Xpel. And to top it off never drive in the rain and only Sundays ( no trucks on the road ) That's anal

2. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    You’ve got my respect!

3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    MANDALAY and MalibuGuy like this.
  4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    His relative ?

5. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Bahahaha!

FWIW I’m in NZ with a Speciale with race seats and alcantara bolsters. It’s my first ‘supercar’. The day I took delivery the salesman told me about improving access by shifting the seat right back before getting out. It makes such a big difference I’d like to think that I would of figured this out myself in time but I’m not sure I would have to be honest as I’d never done it in any other car!

Meanwhile, I run a similar left leg, right arm middle leg scenario as described above. Only thing is I live done under so right hand drive and I add a lil something in the middle of the sequence with my other hand.

Here goes... RHD car;

Left foot into footwell.
    Right hand swings under on to sill (admire carbon fibre sill whilst placing hand).
    I transfer my weight into car with most of my weight on right hand (careful to hover above side bolster) then place left hand on centre console (near seatbelt ‘holster’)
    Finally I shift right foot into footwell and lower myself into the seat. (It’s right about now I realise the hilarity of this thread!!)

Conversely I get no comments on my side bolsters... no comments at all.
    But at least I Know they’re in good nic!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Thecadster likes this.