Sold - 1986 Ferrari 328 GTS | FerrariChat

Sold 1986 Ferrari 328 GTS

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by A12pilot, Aug 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    1986 GTS. 52k miles, all service records for the last few years which includes a lot of work done to the car. Over 18k in service the last two years to include a major service (belt), AC compressor, brakes (pads and rotors, fluid flush), coolant flushed, trans fluid flushed, tires 3yrs old, new steering rack, belts, hoses. The car is a driver, not a perfect show piece, but mechanically, you can't ask for a better car. I've had it only a couple months (took me a while to find one) and I've driven it in the 100 degree Texas heat with no issues. No overheating at all. A/C blows cold. The headlight switch has the typical 360 rotating problem, but the lights work with no issues. Minor cosmetic flaws with the main issue being the rear bumper having some slight damage on one corner, and the front lower fascia having slight damage too. I can fix the body problems for additional cost. I am taking this to the dealer next week to have the recall done on the lower control arms, so that will be taken care of before the new owner takes delivery.

Interests are changing, and I'm planning another purchase so I figured I'd offer this for sale here before I tried other means. It's a great 328 and a blast to drive. I really would rather hang onto it, but the next purchase requires more funds. I know one thing, I'll have another one day for sure.

$59,000 or best offer. You can PM me through the site or email me moparmolnar@gmail. com. The car can sit here for as long as you need to work out shipping. No issues there. I also have a lift and can photograph whatever you need after I get the car back from Boardwalk Ferrari in Dallas when the recall work is done.

Thanks!

Cheers
    Dave
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

djs308, Keith Brown and crinoid like this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    My '86 reads very similar to yours, except that I've had mine 16 years and it has 109k miles, but I've had a lot of the same things done (plus a few more, of course). Your engine bay looks a lot better cosmetically than mine. I think that anyone who pays $59k for yours will be very happy!

3. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thank you very much. Yes, mine has had more service done and things replaced (that was of the top of my head) and I'll compile a more complete list in the next few days. I appreciate the feedback!

Cheers
    Dave

4. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Browsing through the records, here’s the last few years to include the last two major services:

**Major Service: Timing belt/bearings, antifreeze flush, brake fluid flush, oil change, A/C Freon charge, axle shaft boot, Air filter @ 50,235 5-13-2019**

New tie rods, Distributor gaskets and seals @ 48,067 @ 4-3-2018

Front and Rear brake pads and rotors @ 43,800 4-26-2018

Steering Rack, antenna, 2 front ball joints @ 46,652 8-21-17

Distributors, all engine belts, A/C compressor, dryer, expansion valve @45,481 5-15-17

Tires, Oil pan gasket, shifter bushings, window switch @ 45,348 4-27-17

**Major service, spark plugs, all fluids, A/C dryer @44,934 4-29-16**

Thermocouple and ECU @ 45,780 6-26-17

Rebuilt distributor, warm up regulator 11-4-16

There’s been a lot of work done to the car so the new owner shouldn’t only have to worry about what twisty roads to find!!!

Cheers
    Dave​

5. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sale pending....am I not pricing my cars high enough? First the 911 now my Ferrari!

Cheers
    Dave

6. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sold! Very fun car while I had it, and time for a newer Ferrari!

cheers
    Dave

7. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Awesome, well cared-for example.

8. Joe Stanton

Joe Stanton Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2020
    Central Coast area of California
    Full Name:
    Joe Stanton
    Thanks for the reply, and wish I had scrolled down more to see it had sold so as not to bother you. I like this forum that it has the option to mark as sold.

9. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    May I ask where you're going next? Have only been an owner for a week, but I am loving my 348 Spider. Still a very analog car like the 308/328, but much more power. The strakes are a bit... overwrought maybe? But I still cant take my eyes off of her.

I haven't had the opportunity to push the handling to the point where I notice some of the reputed squirreliness. But I also have a set of 360 wheels with 285mm Pole Positions going on there this weekend, which supposedly straightens the handling right out.

10. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No problem, Joe! You weren’t bothering me at all! Best of luck in your search. This forum gave me all the knowledge to figure out what I wanted and zero in on the search. Great guys here!

And Michael, I was going back and forth between the 348 Spider and the 328 GTS and ultimately chose the GTS simply based on looks and “last classic” status. My friend has a 348 Spider and I love the car too. But to me, those strakes are what makes the 348 eye appealing: mini Testarossa!

I really want something newer, but now that there’s massive layoffs in my industry another extravagant purchase will be put on hold until this nonsense passes. But I’d like a 458!

cheers
    Dave

11. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    I hear you. Good luck making it to the finish line, friend. There will be cars waiting for you there, I'm sure. I'm fortunate enough that my business's bottom line was enormously improved by this thing.