Refinancing the Ferrari ? | FerrariChat

Refinancing the Ferrari ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AZMrCrazy, Aug 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AZMrCrazy

AZMrCrazy Rookie

Apr 13, 2018
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hello Everyone,
    I finally got my home refinance done - got 15 yr fixed at 2.5% - Hazaa!
    So that got me thinking about the car loan. I was a little surprised to not find any other recent threads about refinancing the Ferrari so maybe I'm the only one that didn't pay cash for mine? or refinancing is a joke and I just don't know it yet -
    or I simply have yet to learn how to properly use the search function -
    well I'm asking the forum for insight
    Has anyone been re-doing their Ferrari loan and how are the rates out there today
    Appreciate your input - Thank you

VAF84 likes this.
  2. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I bought mine in February at an exotic car dealer for 10 years at 7.99%, knowing that I was going to refi it as soon as I got it home. The rate was outrageous, but I didn’t care, I just wanted to get the car into my garage and then focus on a refi.
    I contacted my credit union, POPA, and got 7 years at 3.75%. I borrowed $93,000.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

VAF84 likes this.
  3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I did 5 years at 2.7, but have plenty of equity in mine. I never finance above my worst case scenario where I’d have to unload it as a quick sale (bottom of market). Really though, it’s hard to pass up the interest rate, no sense in having cash locked into a depreciating asset. When it could be used elsewhere.

@Extreme1 that’s an awesome interest rate for the number of years. My credit union starts to jump up after the 5 year mark.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    u can get 30 yr money at 2.5%, why wld you go with anything less. you can be long the option for free.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Wood side does that, I assume that’s who the lender was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAF84 likes this.
  6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Talk to your local credit union. Car rates are cheap cheap now.

7. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Woodside does longer terms, but I didn’t think they went that low in interest rates. I want to say that they around 6% two years ago.

LARRYH likes this.
  8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I originally went with Collector Car Financing, I think 8 years at 6.99%. Obviously ridiculous, but my only previous "big" purchase was my first house a few months beforehand, so took what I could get. Made a few payments then refinanced with Penfed for 3.75%.Will only go for 5 years at most but I never keep a loan to term anyway...

9. AZMrCrazy

AZMrCrazy Rookie

Apr 13, 2018
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I originally went with Woodside a couple years ago - easy to qualify and longer term - bit high on interest (6.36%) but I knew I'd refi eventually. I called nearly a dozen credit unions in the Phoenix area but they either don't finance "exotic" or mine is just too old (2007) so far best response for me is Penfed looks like 60 mos at 3.75%

10. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Bank of America 2.99% 60 months 3.19% 72 months. Financed my FF there, but a 2007 may be different.

11. steven t evans

Jul 24, 2020
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Evans
    Doing Ferrari Credit first 6% 60 months with nasty balloon. Up side is they dont impact your credit score and they dont get their pantys all wadded up when you do a LLC on the title. Now im working on the 10 yr fixed on home loan @ 2.50% hope to get new WHIP delivered before end of Aug.....im having trouble sleeping at nite waiting for this puppy to arrive!

12. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Your avatar is twisted - made me check my screen for a second!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I refi’d my 458 with my credit union recently - 1.98% / 60mos. $85k note. So tempted to pay it off but earning so much more in market right now it doesn’t make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat