If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by elmadi, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Jacques I understand what you are saying and you make some fair points, but, the T50 just doesn't do it for me.

Most days I do 2 miles so my pulse is optimum ;)

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    But that wasn't my point. The point was that weight on its own doesn't mean anything.

3. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    My point was lightweight supercars and you brought an Elise to the party !

Wikdstrate likes this.
  4. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    Let’s not forget the bhp/ton is actually higher than a la Ferrari, it can actually hold 3 people and has good luggage space etc

not to mention 12,000 rpm, 980kg, central driving position, manual gearbox and a good chance of it being worth double in 10+ years

not much not to like other than the price :)

elmadi, jpalmito and m5shiv like this.
  5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Can't say I was blown away by the F40 either. On-off engine, slow steering and recalcitrant gearbox. Light, but not that great compared to newer supercars.

6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Aesthetically speaking, I would agree it doesn't grab you like an F40 (and would say the same about the F1), but Gordon Murray is shooting for the ultimate driving experience from behind the wheel.
    So to dismiss it 2 years before anyone has a chance to drive it seems a little ..... premature maybe. :rolleyes:

elmadi and Boomhauer like this.
  7. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    288 is the one, not the F40 lol

8. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    The Enzo will probably continue to appreciate, not sure how the market will treat this car. It’s certainly bad ass, but so is a 720s and we all know that cool doesn’t always translate into appreciation.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

elmadi likes this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Haven't driven a 288, but I doubt it will be better than an F40.

10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    T50 for me

Here's a must watch video before one decides

FF4X4, elmadi and Boomhauer like this.
  11. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Clearly an understated look was what Murray was after in the looks department. It needed more in my opinion. A ground breaking design was is order to match the other amazing set of attributes. Especially for the huge price tag. The rear prop is odd looking but unique and will always be a talking point in the years to come. The front is just too blend. I think a global designer competition was in order for a car of this magnitude. Any one know who styled it?

12. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    At that price point, even if the focus is on the driving experience, aesthetics matter, and, sorry, it doesn't do it for me. This doesn't mean I'm dismissing it at all, I'm saying it's not for me, and certainly not prematurely, I'm reacting to what has been presented to me currently as is my prerogative.

13. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I wonder if a wilder look is being retained for the race version, similar to how the F1 evolved.

No doubt someone will do a Lazante to those and get them road legal.

I imagine the T50 has put the brakes on the significant rise in F1 values.

greg328 likes this.
  14. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Enzo is 60 - 70% the price of a T50, so I don't really see them as comparable. Its pretty obvious that the T50 is a gold plated winner. As an engineering exercise, it's just amazing. Numbers produced will be tiny. Those that want wild looks can have a Lamb or Pagani or any number of other exotics. I think the real competition for this is the Aston Valkyrie or Merc AMG One. The next ultra Ferrari will be a better comparison to the T50, even though their design philosophies will be completely different.

F2003-GA likes this.
  15. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I don't even think the valk or amg one are competition, they are track cars and lack the usability of the t.50 or the central driving position

this sits in a class of its own

colorfull, Picchu88, greg328 and 4 others like this.
  16. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I think you are right. They are the next gen holy trinity. I would map them as follows:-

P1 = Valkyrie
    La Ferrari = T50
    918 = Merc One

All special cars in their unique ways. It’s great that they exist.

17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    As much as i love the specs, i dont dream about that car bc it looks so generic and dated already. I guess it's a non issue when you are worth a few hundred millions and you can buy one on top of the rest of the cars you love.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    T50 resume is more about engineering excellence and driving experience
    In the looks department its designed to age well rather than wow folks now - IMO

Senna1994, greg328 and elmadi like this.
  19. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    With respect the T50 is the complete antithesis of the 720. I am sure it will be built to a higher standard than a 720 too....

grab it likes this.
  20. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    is there still around 20 units of T50 available that no one ordered or it's fake news?

21. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Units are still available

22. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    That was probably prior to the 10 or so 'info' vids that came out a few days ago. Many people probably were not even aware of the cars specs or engineering direction and goals.
    I suspect a few more (all?) got sold after that media blitz. If anyone has real facts on numbers, would love to hear.

23. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    It's easy to dismiss it due to it's looks which I am really not a fan of. However I feel that over the past 20 years a lot of exotic manufacturers have made progressions in the name of more performance and at a small cost of fun. Dcts and hybrid systems fall in this category imo. This car has prioritized fun at a small cost of performance. To many of us, that is far more important. That is where this car will shine.

Senna1994 likes this.
  24. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Apparently all now sold.

Picchu88, subirg, F2003-GA and 2 others like this.
  25. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Re: the T.50's "underwhelming" aesthetic: The F1 was also "underwhelming" for a then-modern supercar. People pay $20M for them now. When people finally see T.50s up against Huayra BCs and Jeskos, they will praise them as refreshingly sublime and simple. The T.50 is, with the exception of the rear, a beautifully proportioned car.

Re: the general sense of the T.50 being "underwhelming" --

No current manufacturer has the nerve to build a hypercar with less than 900 horsepower. Most won't build them without electric motors. None will build them with real manual transmissions. That's because their social media driven marketing and sales strategies won't let them. Remember the Millechili and the supposed trend towards lightness? Ferrari didn't have the guts to follow through. Less doesn't look good in a world of excess.

The T.50 is actually very overwhelming because it calls everyone's bluff. Or it's very underwhelming, however you want to slice it -- just refreshingly so.

I'm just as excited to see K'segg hit 500kph. But I'd rather drive a T.50 any day.

Re: the OP -- I think, as others have said, that the real decision is between T.50 and F50. F50 for me, but only for romance and childhood. The T.50 is incredible.