Brake caliper help | FerrariChat

Brake caliper help

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by GT Jones, Feb 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    #1 GT Jones, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, I've dug through many, many threads looking for a photo (s) that show brake calipers, rigid lines and the flex hose all connected and mounted to the hub. I bravely replaced all of my rigid lines and rebuilt the calipers but now I can't get everything back together. Sure, I have about 400 photos of my car in various states of dismemberment but NONE of the rear side of a caliper. What makes it difficult is that my old lines were bent out of the way to ease removal- oops. Can anyone run out to the garage and take a few pics of the inside of their front and rear hubs? Turning the front wheels to one side may make viewing easier. Photos like this will help!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    #2 Al Campbell, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Very helpful. That confirms the bracket location on the upper caliper bolt and also the caliper/upright/ dust shield/bracket order. Thanks Al.

4. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I thought I'd resurrect this old thread to see if someone can help me out. Al Campbell posted up some helpful front caliper pics, but I'm wondering if anyone can help out with pics from the inside of the rear calipers showing the orientation of the hardline to flex-line brackets? Doing a test fit, my assumption from a look at the parts book was to fit them this way, but then the radius of the flex-line at the bracket fitting seemed too sharp to me. First pics is RH side looking top down and second is LH side. I'm making the hardlines from scratch so don't have those to help me. It would be great to confirm what's correct before I go cutting, bending and flaring the brake tubing. Cheers Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
  6. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Those are a help thanks Al, it shows I'm in the ballpark. If you can take a pic of one from the top down at some point that would be excellent. That would confirm I've got them spot on and not upside down. Thanks mate

7. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
  8. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    That’s also really helpful Sam. Thanks heaps

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

9. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
  10. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thanks Al!! Great useful pics, and confirms I got it right :) Making the hard-lines from scratch with little to go off has been a real time consuming SOB. Especially the aft RH brake fwd tube. I've kinked that prick and started over 3 times now. Not much space, and lots of obstacles to work around. My flaring tool is such that I cant pre-bend the tube, gotta flare the tube straight with the nuts fitted and bend in-situ.
    Also one of the flexible brake hoses supplied to me had a faulty fitting flared on it too. It had a flat bottom inside the fitting instead of a concave one, hence my hard-line flare became flat when I tightened the nut. Anyone replacing their flex lines in the future should definitely check the inside of their new tubefittings before installation. I better not have any leaks when it's all done!