If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by elmadi, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    you have captured all my sentiments exactly, as if you read my mind!

I would much prefer to buy a 288GTO, an F50 or an Enzo right now and have it in my garage by the weekend, start enjoying it, rather than placing a similar amount of capital on a bet that may not materialise and worry about the outcome every time I here the mention of T50!

How must Aston Martin Valkyrie paid up customers be feeling right now? The economic state of the company regardless of massive cash investments from Laurence Stroll, and the continued uncertainty of the future given the economic effects of Covid.
    The tsunami of economic destruction is still to come, once the governments stop printing money and bailing everyone out.

2. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    I'd take the Enzo, simply cause it's probably the best or second best looking car of all time (after the F50)
    I'd upgrade the Enzo's engine to around 900 HP, strip it out of all the useless electronics and put the seat in the middle. Then it would be perfect

elmadi likes this.
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

How's the Valkyrie dev going? Are there dates for the first production car? first deliveries?

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Nigh on dangerous for a road car and it amazes me that people revere it. You cannot see the incoming traffic on single lane, two way, carriageways, making overtaking very dangerous indeed.

5. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    from the press/google
    "Aston Martin will not make its World Endurance Championship or Le Mans bow as it has delayed the development of its “Valkyrie” car for the races, the firm said"

One of my friends is a paid up customer waiting on his car, he has spec'ed it up. originally it was due a while back, then last year they said this March, now they are saying 2021, but not being specific on the date or even month.

635CSI likes this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    just saw an article on formulapassion.it saying the Valkyrie could be purely cancelled because of financial and technical problems.
    Don't know if it's true though

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    ^^These last two posts on the Valkyrie have me concerned. It's the only hypercar recently announced I've been looking forward to. It would be a shame for it not to be built let alone what would happen to all the people that put deposits down and paid for it...

8. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    Aston was on the right path. This guy Stroll is a downright imbecile. Really chasing the wrong thing. They needed to join LeMans in Hypercar Class at a more reasonable bang for the marketing buck. This car was everything for the future of the brand. The DBX and a Le Mans showing with the road cars on the actual road and you have something. Instead lets double down on F1 amid pandemic and a sales slump...... Thats a good idea.

635CSI and F2003-GA like this.
  9. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    been there and done that too.
    and i echo your sentiments on restoration - everything after those becomes an endless parts hunt, and quest to get the job finished before the guy you have working on it - the only guy who still knows how to work on this car - either retires or dies !

the real concern on these newer cars - even those of the last 20 years, is all the electronics.
    what happens to them 20 years down the road.
    even ferrari wont be there to service those things - already demonstrated.

as i do the usual car guy thing of lusting after cars, i find myself looking backwards at older analog cars.

if i had the $3 mil right now to spend on cars, i think i would rather have a mercedes 300 sl gullwing and a 300 sl roadster, and then add a 2017 ford gt to cover my modern bases - still on warranty !

as for the T50, the more i learn about the details, the less impressive it becomes.

elmadi likes this.
  10. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Pretty much what I am thinking...btw my Ford GT comes next year !

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Senna1994 likes this.
  11. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    Valkyrie isn't going to happen now imo, it's a tragedy but it is what it is.

12. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    All a bit of a mute point now as all 100 slots have been allocated anyway.

I guess for 98% of the population those contract terms are too onerous and rightly so, but for the remaining 2% for which a couple of $$$$ mill is pocket change then its not much of a risk for such a potential reward.

GM is more than a one man band, many of the ex Mclaren F1 people have worked for him ever since then.

Senna1994, MarkNC and Boomhauer like this.
  13. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    I guess the biggest risk is that you never actually get to bring one to the US as it might not actually get accepted for Show and Display.

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Eh...Just buy a house in Europe for another $3m and take 2 weeks every year to drive it. At this point, who is counting :)

Picchu88, tbuff, Senna1994 and 5 others like this.
  15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Would take the T50 in a heartbeat. I am so impressed with that car.

To make things even more interesting, a dear friend revealed to me over a nice dinner yesterday that he has secured a T50 allocation. If everything works out, I can't wait to get behind the wheel of that thing. Nothing in the past 30 years have had me as excited in terms of cars as that has. I've been fortunate enough to experience a lot of the top shelf stuff, but never the F1. Knowing that there is a real prospect of taking the F1 successor on a 2000km roadtrip through Europe is mindbendinly surreal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    don't think they are all filled yet, there are still sales and marketing calls going on, trying to push prospective buyers over the line to sign, offers of dinner with the team etc.

17. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    So if Ferrari had made the T50 rather than GMA, at the same $3 million price, do you think they would have all been sold out by now? Curious to hear views.

18. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Of course. Without doubt. Because buying from Ferrari, they would be 'guaranteed' delivery of a finished car. With GMA, until their car is sitting in their driveway there will be some doubt of delivery on the promise.
    And price is of no concern to the top clients. However, if Ferrari did this car I think they would produce 499? to make it worth their while. (to shareholders) :)

F2003-GA likes this.
  19. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Absolutely and I would have sold my house to buy it
    However I can’t see Ferrari doing such a model in 100 pieces...the numbers dont work...It would prefer to do a 1.5-2m car in 500-700 pieces.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

F2003-GA likes this.
  20. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Very disappointed with T50 design. Boring and vanilla. F50 all day

elmadi, F140C and joe sackey like this.
  21. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    yes, they could have sold an incredible amount of units of this car.

22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Indeed. That contract is absolutely mental. He should sell the project to Mclaren, insist that they fit that V12 and manual.

23. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    Screw danger. Plus, I'd take that baby to a track.

24. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    This I agree with in principle, despite really not liking McLaren's road car offerings since they became a "proper" constructor. Knowing their recent financial situation, and also their insistence on making very odd cars with over-the-top styling, I think Gordon ended up preferring to take his chances going at it alone, which is saying something, I guess. Also, Ron Dennis has left McLaren and I guess he and Gordon probably had a good relationship.

Bas likes this.
  25. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Hi, in keeping with the title of the tread, Enzo or T50?

The Bloodline Collection decided to steer away from the T50: the uncertainty and the long wait.

Yesterday a new baby was purchased for the collection, "A bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush" or in this case a yellow canary in the hand!

The car arrives in the workshop on Monday and the journey to perfection begins, in the next few days I will start a dedicated thread on Giallo Modena Enzo 133032, so everyone can share the process.

cheers Mark
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

colorfull, Picchu88, imahorse and 7 others like this.