Anything special to do for a 10+ year service? | FerrariChat

Anything special to do for a 10+ year service?

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, Aug 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Was watching a video on a 10 year old Lamborghini going in for service and apparently there is a special 10 year service on the Gallardo that is very expensive and the person mentioned most people don't bother doing the "list" and just do a normal service when they hear the price from the dealer.

I'm curious, my 430 is at the 11year mark and I was thinking, besides normal annual maintenance is there a list of stuff at the 10 year mark that should be done or is it just replace what is worn out when it's time? If there is a list, I want to check those items are done as I plan on keeping my car for a long time.

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Corey

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    interesting question - curious to see what people think
    unless your are putting 7k+ miles a year on it, i say do whatever the book says

flash32 likes this.
  3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Mine just had the normal annual- you could have a party on the money saved

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #4 flash32, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    Here is the full factory maintenance schedule .. you have to decide which to do on time vs mileage since we don't put many mileages on our cars

The only thing that has come up that is not in the schedule is more freq coolant changes and F1 fluid flush every 2 - 3 years

Attached Files:

5. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Mine just cleared 45k miles recently. I posed the question here (and in several other places) about this item, shown on the 45k mile maintenance schedule: Check timing chains - perform maintenance if necessary". I spent more than a couple of hours googling and calling-around, trying to learn what I could about this. I was told unequivocally, by everyone who responded (which was admittedly very-few) that this "is not a thing" and not to worry about it. My dealer said they didn't know that was on the schedule, and didn't know the correct procedure to do the timing-chain inspection. I had one ding-a-ling on a 360/430 page on FB tell me that I was "delusional for thinking a chain would last longer than a belt", and another who said "there's nothing to annual on these cars" hahaha.

I guess what I'm getting-at is this; I don't think anybody does anything special based on age, or mileage. Do a thorough inspection per the sheet Flash32 sent, document it, and I think you're golden.

YMMV. But that's what I've come to accept as the best info available.

flash32 likes this.
  6. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    That doc was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Corey

7. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    At the 10 year mark it wouldn’t hurt to Give praises to God it’s lasted this long and pray it doesn’t explode. :D

houtie123 likes this.
  8. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I echo that. One interesting thing that I saw there on the 11 year check is the advice to perform maintenance on the airbags. What the hell does that mean?

It also says replace the airbags every 15 years. Quite a few cars are getting to that stage now. Has anyone seriously considered that? Would be fascinating to understand the mark up on that job. Come to that, how many airbags are there?

Apollo 11 likes this.
  9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Have a look on the back of the sun visor, i think there is a date stamp for the air bags. Its in that area from what i recall

10. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I did it five years ago. As I recall, in addition to all the fluids, I also got all new belts, spark plugs and maybe filters like fuel for instance. It wasn't very expensive, around 2200., but not at a dealer. My car turned 15 3 days ago. I don't plan on doing anything with airbags.

Dave