Newbie question, Why a 360 over a F430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Newbie question, Why a 360 over a F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Johnnya, Sep 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DL4567

DL4567 Karting

Nov 25, 2004
    Atlanta
    Is the driving feel really that different between them? Isn't the seating position the same? I know the F430 has more tech, but if it's the same platform as the 360, isn't the "general" driving experience (go-kart like, raw race car) about the same, just with more power?

I've been shopping for my first Ferrari, and naturally have read tons of 360 vs F430 threads, and comments like yours above really stick with me. I'm looking for an F430, but can't help but wonder sometimes about the 360, just like OP is asking. I prefer an F1, which most say to get the F430 then, and I plan to keep the car long-term, so by your criteria above that also points to the 430.

Just want to know if it still has the raw, race car, go-kart like experience as the 360, as I've driven a 360 and thoroughly enjoyed it, but haven't driven a 430.

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Neither is raw race car like. To get closer to that you want to go to a CS or Scud and even then it isn't like a race car. They are low and tight but hardly go-kart like; that is more readily available in an early Cayman. In order to pick you have to ask yourself 'what do I want out of this car/experience?' If you want refined with less manual control get the 430. If you want a more analog feel get the 360, swap out the seats and have a blast. If you want to modify the car I would go with the 360 over the 430. If sound is important the 360 hands down but for power get the 430. The list goes on...... What do you want out of it?

Apollo 11 likes this.
  3. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    I have several fun cars, including a 360 and a 599. I love the Dino-ish-ness of the car. It is just modern enough to be safe, but analog enough to provide the kind of feedback I love. TheF430 is a great evolution, but I can’t use it fully on the road. The 360 is the best sounding car we own. I just love it. It is also one of the most beautiful to my eyes. Buy what you like.

4. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I honestly bought my 360 with the intent to fix and flip it, but after 6 months with it, I decided it is the car I will keep for life. I could sell it and upgrade to an F430, but have no desire to. The 360 has those smooth, flowing lines without an angle on the car. That 5 valve noise is just magic. It is truly an analog car. Even the F1 feels rather analog (I should probably hide for saying that). The car is so enjoyable I don't miss a 6 speed. While underpowered compared the the F430, you are able to use the whole powerband on backroads. It's fast enough to be fun. I was 9 when they came out so it's also rather nostalgic for me.

5. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I loved my 360F1 but my 430 is quite a step up. Being manual it is more analog and raw than the 360 ever was. I can't see how the F1 would make it any less so. The extra power and torque is significant. Much more of an event to drive than the 360 was.

Ron328 and brookliner7 like this.