Will Sebastien be retired in 2021 due to lack of a ride? | FerrariChat

Will Sebastien be retired in 2021 due to lack of a ride?

Discussion in 'F1' started by intrepidcva11, Sep 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Looking around the paddock it is not hard to imagine that there might not be a ride next season for the four-time World Champion .

2. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I can see him at RP (or AM).

I think any open Alfa Romeo seats will go to an F2 driver. Ilott or Shwartzman...maybe Schumacher (I'm not sure he's the best choice among the three just yet).

3. kdf398

kdf398 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Pasadena
    Full Name:
    Keith
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

#4 DF1, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    I can see him leaving F1 if not at Pink Clone. The only reason he goes there is Mercedes PU as thats as close as he will ever get to being in a real Mercedes. His 22 car will not be a clone and might disappoint as I expect Red Bull, Ferrari and actual Mercedes to show up with competitive vehicle.

Also - Unless the car has superior pace advantage, and a soundly planted rear end, Vettel is not the best out there at all. Not close. He lacks the ability to drive around issues and like Kimi needs a suited car from the off.

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's very much the "last chance saloon" for Vettel if he is recruited by Aston Martin.
    Vettel apart, this year's Pink Clone, as you call it, may simply be a stop gap solution, necessarilly carried over to 2021, as per FIA rules.
    But I don't think Lawrence Stroll bought Force India and rebrands it Aston Martin next year only to be a servile Mercedes customer and forever copy their cars.
    I expect the technical team at Aston Martin to be seriously beefed up and in future create their own designs like McLaren does.

6. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Crystal ball says Vettel will be on the grid next year :)

ferrariformulauno likes this.