Ferrari ROMA | Page 112 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Me too. I find - and suspect many here agree - that feedback from F-chatters is more valuable than most
    of the blather from Youtube "experts"...T

635CSI likes this.
  2. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
  3. Ekki F

Ekki F Rookie

Feb 10, 2018
    You can find them here:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

vcappp likes this.
  4. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I’m apparently red10 with production starting next month, delivery by the end of the year.

of2worlds and SVCalifornia like this.
  5. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    I just looked at MyFerrari app and I now have a VIN listed! Mine must have entered production as I have never received a VIN before arriving at US port before. Exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds and llk like this.
  6. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Congrats!
    Any possibility to know your VIN? By PM if you prefer.

7. mr bond

mr bond Rookie

Dec 5, 2015
    Does anyone know the current wait time for a new order?

of2worlds, glennkreisel and llk like this.
  8. Akajak1

Akajak1 Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    UK
    Hi, was fortunate to drive the Roma for an hour this morning.
    First impressions; I felt the quality of the cabin materials was a step up from the existing cars, beautiful leather and Alcantara , no creaks, no rattles. The interior tech is subjective and comes down to whether you like the new central ‘iPad’ or not; the digital instruments are fully customisable so no need to spec your rev counter colour anymore I guess.
    Personally I didn’t like the homage to the open gate gearshift , it’s chrome and operates launch and reverse, I would have preferred if it had been less ‘shiny’.
    The paddle shifts were for me a big improvement, they have a much more positive feel and really click into gear (changes are of course lightning fast).
    View from the drivers seat is great and the raised profile of the wings really allow excellent placement of the car on the road.
    Because the engine is situated so far back it now provides for a 50/50 weight distribution. This car is so quick, experienced launch control, no fuss no drama just seamless speed and power 0-125 mph around 9 seconds. Writing no drama also leads me onto the difference between this car and older cars. I would say the car is every inch a Ferrari but it’s the new Ferrari and I could certainly understand if people felt it lacked emotion or noise or old Ferrariness. It’s not a 458.
    On the handling circuit there was little if any body roll, it just cornered flat, 5 modes and the bumpy road button. The car felt more sports car handling than the Portofino, but with no more drama.
    So to sum up my first thoughts, a beautiful car, very fast, impeccable handling, luxury interior, superbly engineered. If you want this new Ferrari you will be delighted; however if you are not so keen with the direction Ferrari and all other manufacturers are having to take re noise, economy, safety etc you probably will not be a fan.

Lunch Bag, vcappp, Matt L and 13 others like this.
  9. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Whoa! When did u lock in?

llk likes this.
  10. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Nice summary. I’m sure it’s a great car. It’s both elegant and derivative. Tbh, my existing cars aren’t suffering from creaks or rattles. And existing gear changes couldn’t get much faster. Ferrari doesn’t have an easy job ahead of it, for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Ash Patel, of2worlds, llk and 2 others like this.
  11. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Excellent summary. There are now quite a few "professional" test drives of the Roma and the reviews are all very good. Looks like it is going to be a winner. Wonder what Aston will do.

12. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Placed order at launch went into MODIS Feb 14th and 10 green early July. Have not heard officially from my dealer it ever went red but was expected to be end of July/August, guess it started production recently. Waiting on that 1st photo now which always seems to be 2-3 weeks behind.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  13. Nxs7

Nxs7 Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Nitin Sharma
    I’m extremely confused between the ROMA and the F8. It costs almost the same. I understand these are Two completely Different cars, but as a 25 year old what would you suggest I get ? I’m supposed to get the car in india.
    I have already booked the Roma ( Grigio titanio,highly specced USD 720k) , it’s in waiting. I’m being told I can expect March 2021 delivery. However, the dealers have an f8 (Rossi Corsa . Basic spec USD 730K) coming which they can give me within this month.

Should I wait for the Roma or get the f8? This would be my first Ferrari .

14. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    laughing.. :-D This is my first ICE car ever and I'm 53.. Been driving EVs since 2010 when I got my license. So all these 10 green and red I assume are some internal status codes. I'm excited and hope I get into the production state soon.

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Congrats. I thought I came to cars late (first one a bit short of 30 yo), but that's epic. Care to share some details on your spec for the Roma?
    T

16. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    I was stuck on EVs only and Tesla Roadster was first one that matched all my criteria.
    I got all the options :-D basically! I think only not the LEDs on the steering wheel.
    Grigio Alloy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Grigio alloy is an awesome color.
    Enjoy.
    T

18. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Good to hear! Wasn’t sure, haven’t seen it in real life.

19. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Any advice on getting an allocation and out of wait list ?

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No advice, sorry. I've only bought one and that was used...T

21. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    Grigio Alloy is stunning. I had a 2013 Cali in Grigio Alloy. I also have my Roma ordered in the same. My interior is a little different. I have the yellow piping and two-tone leather. Everything above the yellow line is black and everything below is blue, with blue seats, blue carpets and yellow stitching.

tomc likes this.
  22. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Whoa interesting looking. I like it.