Vettel to Aston Martin F1 2021 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Vettel to Aston Martin F1 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Sebastian Vettel has signed a new contract with Aston Martin for 2021. The team currently racing as Racing Point have not announced anything about the deal, but German media know the salary and duration of Vettel's contract.

Vettel was told at the beginning of 2020 that he had to leave Ferrari and since then people have been wondering what Vettel was going to do. It turns out that Aston Martin and the German Bild have more clarity about the contract. Of course, Vettel received a decent salary at Ferrari as a four-time world champion, but he has to sacrifice some of that.

Vettel has to hand in salary
    According to the German medium, Vettel will earn 15 million Euros a year at Aston Martin. That is a lot less than the amount that Vettel received at Ferrari. At the Italian race stable, Vettel was on 45 million Euros a year, but with the coronavirus crisis and its effect, the reduced salary is no surprise.

In addition to the amount, there is also more clarity about the duration. According to Bild, there is no question of a multiannual deal. Only for 2021 is it clear that Vettel will be racing, but the long-term project will want to see Vettel first leading the way in order to stay with the team even longer.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/67959/bild-has-contract-details-vettel-delivers-salary-and-stays-at-least-one-year-.html

2. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Pedro, he didn't just buy Racing Point/Aston Martin - he bought effective control of Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings PLC

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Don’t think that was always his main plan though. Just a great deal he couldn’t pass on at the time.

4. NunoRosso

NunoRosso Karting

Dec 10, 2007
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Are they going to merge Aston Martin with Racing Point or will the latter be kept as a separate company and just be renamed?

5. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    It's just a rename. Racing Point will morph into Aston Martin F1.

6. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Actually Lawrence Stroll was a major financial backer for Lotus F1 when Peter Collins was team principal and Hakinen and Johnny Herbert drove for Lotus (along with Zanardi and Pedro Lamy). Lance wasn’t even born at that time.

Also Lance out scored Sirotkin 6-1 in a Williams not fit to race.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Adrian Thompson, tifosi12 and Terra like this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Sirotkin....pfft. He wasn't even a challenger.

8. DF1

So mentor is in the job description. After 4 years he should be beyond that. Poor Vettel lol. Did anyone think that was publicly released at Ferrari when Charles arrived lol :)

Vettel will 'raise team's level', 'needs a bit of love'

Vettel is now seven years removed from the last of his four titles and, although on form for much of his Ferrari stay, has struggled in the past few seasons - particularly after Charles Leclerc's arrival.

But Szafnauer is confident he can regain his top form at Aston Martin.

"He will raise the team to a different level, and I'm sure there will be a thousand little things where he will help us get to a new level," he said. "He will bring with him a world champion's work ethic, and that's what we all want to learn from. Everybody's going to have to raise their game.

"And he'll be a great mentor for Lance [Stroll, 2021 team-mate] too, who's young and fast."

9. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    So does this remove Aston Martin from the Red Bull cars?

10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yep.

11. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    ferrariformulauno, tifosi12 and 375+ like this.
  12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    tifosi12 likes this.
  13. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Bet Toto Wolff opened his wallet for this in the same way Liberty opened theirs for Alonso at Renault. Good we’ll see them both racing each other next year though!

14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

I wonder if he’s been helped psychologically to understand his inability to handle situations of emotional stress?

15. DF1

Szafnauer: Vettel just needs a hug

He needs more than that lol :)

16. DF1

17. DF1

18. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Maybe Toto knows what he‘s talking about regarding his own investment?

375+ likes this.
  19. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Just going to throw this out here im gonna miss the pink cars. The color always splashed up the field.

I wish vettel luck. He has been having a rough time. Some people forgot what he has done in the past. If he has anything left in the tank I hope this new car suits him and he can show it again.

shashi27, stavura and Igor Ound like this.
  20. DF1

He had good cars at Ferrari. At times he was leading the title chase for more than half the season. His OWN inability to control his anger and his poorly timed critical errors, many in early stage of a race, 1st lap lol, caused his own downfall. He has been fired from Ferrari, a team he begged and plotted to join. Zero sympathy.

As I posted earlier, he has taken a step down in reputation, team and salary. All of his own action/doing.

jpalmito and william like this.
  21. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    This is going to be a great wait and see. Many are calling Vettle done, I don't think so. I've never though of him is the same vein as LCH, Alonso, Shuie, Senna, Prost etc. More like the Button, Kimi, Villeneuve etc. An 'A+' grade driver, not a true 'A++'. That said he's a worthy WDC and earned his status. I hope once he's away from the (reportedly) toxic environment at Ferrari, and a winter off to re-group, I hope we see a renewed, relaxed and mentally fit Seb ready to take the fight to other cars. I'd love to see Ferrari turn it around next year, as well as Aston continue their improvement in form (no, it's not just down to tracing point). Add in a resurgent McLaren and Renault and we could see some amazing racing. Let's look to the potential good, rather than constantly complaining about the bad.

22. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Seb isn’t interested really in salary as he isn’t in reputation. But he moves a great step up in the team.
    Yes, he did a lot of mistakes, but how many did the team? May I ask you what went wrong with this engine last year? In German language, they would be called ‘Betrūger’. Sorry for the hard words from a all time Ferrarista. Or to forget Spielberg II as an example for Lec.

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I thought he was going downhill after his 4th title dueling Ricciardo.

Also the spin happy cars will still be less planted in the rear next year.

So I don't share your optimism.

william likes this.
  24. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Unlike most on here, I like Seb. Top driver, but obviously things didn't go so well for him at Ferrari (both him and Ferrari are at fault for that).

Wish him all the best at Aston MERCtin.

25. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Vettel’s demise is self-induced. He choked away title winning cars through his own incompetence and lack of racecraft.

That being said I love comeback stories and look forward to his performance with AM next year. Will the chip on his shoulder from his fallout with Ferrari propel him to greater success? We will find out next season.

william likes this.