NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 34 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Just like 488 owners were not told about the F8 ?

Senna1994 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Time will tell if there is a VS version. All I can say whether true or false I have been told there will be.

LMH likes this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    it’s just a bad practice to do. And funnily enough I don’t think an F8 VS really hurts Pista values that badly. All limited edition Ferrari’s hold value well.

F2003-GA likes this.
  4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    This site did not track buyers purchasing based on a such a promise. My take is that it was purely assumption by those wishing to turn a buck. A lot of 'last ICE only' talk as well. Those here with long established connections did not describe such factory promises of exclusivity.

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    When would the VS F8 come out? Isn’t LB slated for 2022? Would it be made concurrently with the LB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Never

Senna1994 likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Lb shown late 2020 or early 2021. Deliveries in 2022.

SF90 cranks up in 2021. So does F8 spider. So does 812 GTS. Then you have Roma coming. And then the SUV. No clue when this mystical F8 VS would show up. Emissions regulations coming down hard at end of next year also.

Caeruleus11 and Senna1994 like this.
  8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I would like to know if you knew that a F8 was going to be released. Actually anyone ? Owners of 488 GTB or even Pista's

I know someone who bought a 488 GTB a couple of months before the release dealer didn't say anything at all.

People are posting that they have heard that there will be. I dont believe that its a dig at PISTA owners , certainly not me.

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I have no information at all other than being told there would be one. The F8 will be well into 2022.

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Other than knowing it will be released- you have no other information on the car so I would say you are as clueless as those saying there will be no F8 special edition.

however those saying there is no special edition have given tons of logical reasons as to why there will be no car. Emissions requirements- ramping up for LB and other cars, f8 being the special edition, valued members such as Day55 and others saying no car.

Other than one person saying there will be a special edition car, what other reason do you believe there will be one?

Senna1994 likes this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Not sure I cared but I have been told by a trusted source no F8 VS.

Senna1994 likes this.
  12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Exactly what I have heard as well, no F8 VS....

Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I guess the difference in this case is that the dealer never said there wouldn't be an F8 but rather never told you one was coming.

14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I can agree with this and the same can be said this time they are saying there is a VS. Gee I don't know. I am just purely stating I was told there was . Just a messenger.
    But in point does it really make a difference ? No , just another car added to the massive list of cars coming out from Ferrari.

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    We will likely know in a year I guess. I certainly wouldn't feel the urge to get one having a Pista already but I am sure there would be a few that drink the Kool Aid regardless of what Ferrari does. Just seems redundant to me.

MANDALAY likes this.
  16. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    One of the ways to milk the cow is to produce the F8 VS as they did with the 488 Pista (coupé and spider). Ferrari produced a lot and even if the F8 is now well implemented at dealers and customers, the 488 Pista are still being produced!

Now that Ferrari is a public company I don’t see any point of not producing the F8 VS. In case Ferrari presents the little brother with an hybrid V6, that could only be an addition to the range. And at the time Ferrari will release this V6, the SF90 might already be over then there will be no problem within the range to have and the V6 and the F8 VS.

Just my opinion, only time will tell what is going to happen.

MANDALAY likes this.
  17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    The F8 was only revealed about a year and half ago, entered production less than a year ago (very few on re-sale market), the F8 spider is starting production (virus delay).

The F8 was only intended to bridge between the 488 series and the replacement V6/TT/hybrid series.

Based on all that, no way will there be an F8-VS, no time to reveal, standard 9 months until production, it would make zero sense.

Not to mention the F8 is pretty much a re-badged Pista (same HP/Torque) with more weight (sound dampening...) less pronounced s-duct, etc.

So, in that sense, the F8 is 488VS.part.2 (with the Pista being the original 488VS).

Look at the challenge cars, still using 488 as the basis (488 Challenge EVO revealed only last November and is homologated for FIA until end of 2021 {488GTE}, that means no changes). That means no F8-challenge car, the 458 Challenge car was revealed a few months after the Speciale reveal and since there will not be an F8 Challenge car makes you stop and think...(488 Challenge first revealed about 21 months after 488 reveal, there is no pending F8 Challenge reveal...)

All in all, when could an F8-VS be revealed, put into production and end production by end of 2022 as its replacement, the V6/TT/hybrid, will be revealed and entering production?

I guess anything is possible but it appears V8-non-hybrid cars are finished, nothing new on the horizon (outside of Portofino update this week and any possible Roma changes).

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Yeah but my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw a Ferrari F8 VS pass by at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s a pretty serious car.

stavura, Senna1994, ChrisDiRe and 5 others like this.
  19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The downside for Ferrari is that it will have completely water downed this platform which is long in the tooth as it is not to mention it will alienate many customers. Is it worth this for a short term gain? From a business perspective I want to make money but I do not want to give my loyal customers a reason to question me. Why would any of us trust them again? Look what it has done for Lambo. The Aventador has 75 models all of which are the last version. Such a weak effort. This tells me they are no longer competitive an unable to produce new models on par with the competition.

SoCal to az likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yeah but buy the Aventador, I mean the S, I mean the SV, errr I mean the SVJ no, the SVJ roadster, I mean the SVJ 63.

F2003-GA, Gh21631 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My next door neighbor has an Aventador S Roadster. We went driving the other day and I was behind his car in a tunnel. Oh man, sounded absolutely terrible. Every time he left off the gas the fart can exhaust mimicking bang. Nothing like dropping $500k on a car that’s all flamboyance and sound except that the sound sucks.

tekaefixe likes this.
  22. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Post of the year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DysLexSick, Jo Sta7 and SoCal to az like this.
  23. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

But haven't they already pissed of customers already ? Those going 488 to pista weak trade ins and release of the F8 ? Frankly this lets me believe things have changed. Its all about new models and pumping them out. The brand will / is diluted. Look at what happens with Portofinos. Competition ? I don't think there care at all.

24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Whats that avatar , seen it on several members ?

Pistas are still being made today . Its September and this is a car that doesn't meet new Euro restrictions without a GPF.

I know its not set in stone but frankly who really knows. Im seeing those cars flying around at the factory and see little things that make me question. The air intakes to the intercooler look changed but more so on the air intakes to the engine with scoops and different head lights and mirrors. Interesting

25. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Your post is spot on. There is not going to be F8-VS.

Gh21631, Senna1994 and JTSE30 like this.