360 - Challenge Stradale Rear speaker box signals | FerrariChat

360 Challenge Stradale Rear speaker box signals

Discussion in '360/430' started by 24000rpm, Sep 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

#1 24000rpm, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    ok, I know, i know, lots of people won't care much about the stereo, but I do.

So, the music signal is going to the back of the seats with 4 wires(2 pairs). OEM solution is to use one twin-coil speaker (4 connectors on the speaker), together with a unpowered woofer.

I tested these 2 pairs of wires. Each pair will give my test speaker a proper sound and these 2 pairs sound the same.

I wonder if these 2 pairs of signals are just those 2 pairs going to the 2 doors in Modenas?

Currently I am making a tiny speaker box(single coil speaker with 2 connectors) to save space. I wonder if I could just use 1 pair of signal and be done with it?

Or is it better to join the 2x signal wires and 2x ground wires and connect them to a single coil speaker?

OEM twin-coil speaker is 8 omh per coil, by the way.
    --------------------------

question on adding an amplifier.
    Is it wise to source a 12v from the alternator connector at the rear of the LH seat?

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

ok, people! I've traced those 4 wires. They indeed go directly to the head unit's socket B! (see pic below)

So the whole stereo system doesn't have a standalone amp as the amp is built-in in the Becker!

So another question is, if I add a standalone amp to the rear speaker box , how am I supposed to power it? What power source is the best for the car's overall health?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am "sort of" installing an upgraded stereo. lol
    If you are going to power an amplifier you will be making a direct connection to the positive battery terminal. They make a lot of products to do this hook up with built in fuses, etc. You will need to put the output signal from your radio into the amp inputs and then from there to the speakers. The tricky part, for me, is trying to figure out where to hook up the negative (earth) for the amp. You will need to find a place on chassis to do this. Not back to the battery. Since our cars are all aluminum the grounding locations are few. This is where I have stopped in my pursuit. Looking for a good ground location! Good luck. I know just enough to be dangerous but will try and help if I can.

4. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Even the OEM "hi-fi" system doesn't have a standalone amp. It has a booster. The amp is in the head unit. The booster generates an incredible 10 percent distortion. Absolutely the cheapest setup known to man. Trying to run the rear speaker without the booster will generate sound like music going through a cheese grater.
    A standalone amp is a step in the right direction. Any heavy gage, fused power source back there will work. Grounding is tricky. Since I am personally running six standalone amps (3000 Watts total), I got under the car and drilled and tapped a hole in the frame for the ground. Absolutely no noise in the system.

24000rpm likes this.