430 - Subwoofer replacement | FerrariChat

430 Subwoofer replacement

Discussion in '360/430' started by johncasale, Sep 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johncasale

johncasale Karting

May 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    My subwoofer between the seats started to sound distorted and even though there are two speaker grilles, there's really only one speaker and one "something" they call a radiator?? After reading numerous threads on subwoofer replacements here on FerrariChat, I stumbled across ScuderiaAudio on the web and made my purchase. I received two subwoofers, all the mounting hardware and the kit even allowed me to use my original speaker grilles. Mike Niday is a super guy to work with and he bent over backwards to get me my speakers within one week after ordering. His system works for both 360's and 430's and he's also developing a higher output amplifier that will be out soon. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and highly recommend ScuderiaAudio!

f355spider and SRLC716 like this.
  2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

would you be able to tell us the model of the speakers and maybe a pic of said speaker front and back? ( how many poles per speaker?)

I am suspecting the original oem twin-coil speaker was replaced by 2x single-coil speakers.

3. johncasale

johncasale Karting

May 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Boy, am I glad you answered 24000RON's questions. The speakers are installed (took about 45 minutes) and there's no way I was going to dis-assemble to take photos!

Sent from my LG-K425 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

Great, I should have thought of replacing 2x single voice coils. I fixed the original twin coil OEM speaker instead.

5. johncasale

johncasale Karting

May 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry about referring to you as 24000RON's (it was spellcheck!) I typed 24000rpm!

6. “JB”

“JB” Rookie

Jan 24, 2019
    Eastern North Carolina
    Full Name:
    John Belk
    #6 “JB”, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2020
    Greetings,
    I’ve been reviewing Ferrarichat posts for some time and thought I’d post (first time), share my recent experience with ScuderiaAudio and Mike Niday the owner.
    A few weeks back my F430’s subwoofer began distorting and upon closer inspection had literally fell apart (well, it is a 14 year old car ). I began searching online for a replacement and remembered viewing a number of ScuderiaAudio YouTube posts. I found the ScuderiaAudio website and called Mike (on a Saturday no less). He and I spoke for a while (you know us car guys), and I soon began to appreciate his keen knowledge and experience with Ferrari audio systems. Mike and I are both Vets and he was kind enough to offer me discount during my purchase. What I was buying was a complete subwoofer replacement kit i.e., two high-quality speakers, auxiliary metal mounting brackets with fasteners and wire terminal connectors.
    The kit was shipped on Saturday and I had it by Thursday, everything was thickly wrapped in bubble-wrap and not just thrown in a box.
    I’ve been modifying cars since I was 16, I’m 61 now and rarely do aftermarket parts not require some type of modifications. Mike’s replacement kit with new metal brackets have been well thought through with no disappointments!! No one wants to be drilling holes into their Ferrari with an unknown outcome. (There’s no drilling required)
    The install was very easy and took less than an hour. The sound of the new speakers met every expectation...
    My experience with ScuderiaAudio was a positive one from beginning to end. I’ve added some pictures.... Note: the original subwoofer has two sets of wires/terminals, those wires are split between the two new speakers with the provided connectors. However, Mike can answer any technical questions you may have. He did share with me he’s sold aprox 80 of these F360/430 subwoofer kits with no issues.
    Cheers!!!
    JB

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

f355spider likes this.
  7. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary