Sticky Dashboard Speaker Covers | FerrariChat

Sticky Dashboard Speaker Covers

Discussion in '612/599' started by Kemp Stickney, Sep 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kemp Stickney

Kemp Stickney Rookie

Aug 27, 2017
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Kemp Stickney
    Hoping that someone might have dealt with this issue. Recently I noticed some black paint on the aluminum part of the left vent on the drivers side of the dashboard of my 2005 612. Investigating it further it now appears that the black paint on the speaker covers on the dash are the culprit. The paint on the covers are sticky to the touch and you end with black on your fingers. It is as if the paint has become wet again. I have had sticky buttons fixed but never noticed the speakers until I used a windshield reflector which i think left paint on the vent when I removed it. I asked my mechanic if he could remove the speaker covers on the dash and repaint them. Sounds easy but today he said that they started to do it and soon came to the conclusion that you would have to dismantle the whole dash board to get the covers out. Has anyone had this issue and have an easier solution besides my ignoring the problem altogether?! Many thx. Stay well & Happy Motoring!

2. DKurtaz

DKurtaz Karting

Aug 12, 2019
    As said in my parallel post, I had the same on my rear base grill. Just a tough rub with a semi- course cloth and it all came off quite easily. (Seems like there was a pointless paint covering applied on top of the already black aluminum...)You will be able to do this without removing the grill.

Kemp Stickney likes this.
  3. Kemp Stickney

Kemp Stickney Rookie

Aug 27, 2017
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Kemp Stickney
    I wanted to thank you again for this practical suggestion and it worked! Happy motoring! :)