SF90 ADAS Pack/ Surround View - Not Available? | FerrariChat

SF90 ADAS Pack/ Surround View - Not Available?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by sh11783, Oct 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    I am working up a spec with my dealer for a SF90 in the USA and I am being told that ADAS/ Surround View isn't available on the car. They aren't on the options list but they are described in the owners manual. Seems odd given the rest of the Ferrari line up has ADAS/ Surround View as options but the top of the line doesn't. Are they being offered in other markets eg Europe? Any ideas as to why its not available on the USA SF90's?

Thelovelyrock18 likes this.
  2. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    I have noticed, more in recent years, that some options are unavailable for earlier orders across the range. I was told ADAS was not available, late last year (Europe), for both the F8 and SF90. That having been said for a technology led car I am surprised that the full ADAS options are not available from day 1.

3. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    Thanks for the reply. I placed an order for a F8 Spider in February 2020 and at that time the ADAS/ Surround view package was available for the car in the USA. Hopefully by the time an allocation on the SF90 rolls around those options will become available. I agree it make no sense when this car is Ferrari's technological showpiece but I assume it has to do with a lack of time to test these systems on the new models and the liability associated with them failing to perform on the road. The factory is surely in a hurry to release new cars these days!

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Just had a look at my config. Adas is on the list along with electrochromatic rear view mirrors. I suspect it is standard. I'm in Europe, but still. Funny thing is that I know I did not choose it specifically. On my GTS though, the cam shows up as a chosen option.

Also, aren't new cars after 2020 mandated by law in the US to have ADAS?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    On my config, I chose ADAS w/ electrochromatic rear view mirrors but dealers have yet to confirm if this will be on the first batch of cars to the UK.

6. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    There are many sub options under the ADAS umbrella. The only ones available in the USA seem to be FCAM (advanced front driving camera) and MIR3 (electro chromatic mirror) both of which are mandatory on the car. Things like BRAD (blind spot monitoring) and others aren't available yet but are in the owners manual suggesting they are planned for but not yet released. Same goes for SURR (surround view). Yes on the GTS the full ADAS umbrella of options is available. Never noticed this before on previous cars but then again I usually don't order cars early in the run like I did with the SF90.

7. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    i'm curious whether surround camera will be a disaster like on f8.

8. Shamus

Shamus Rookie

Mar 29, 2019
    Agree if you look at the implementation of the 812 GTS it’s barely noticeable and preserves the aesthetic BUT the F8 really looks like a high school engineering project - at least the ones I used to do! When the option is released it’s critical to get photos of the mirrors and the front camera, which on the F8 is very conspicuous as it’s protruding from the on the crease of the front bumper and in my opinion also ugly. Given the shape of the SF90’s front bumper the front camera will probably be like the F8’s.

9. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS

Video by: ExoticCarSpotters
    5:02-5:04 & 5:40-5:44

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  10. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    You mean as pretty as?
    :)

11. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    UPDATE - the ADAS and SURR options are now available for the SF90 in the USA. Just thought I would post this for the benefit of future owners with cars on order but not yet 10R.

Thelovelyrock18 and of2worlds like this.
  12. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    The front camera option or radar which ever it is looks aweful on the cars. On the Roma it’s off center, but at least in the black mesh grill. On the F8, see below, it’s smack in the middle of the air flow of the S duct. I would be willing to bet it will likely be similar on the SF90 as is on the F8. Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    This is why they require the duct to be either CF or matte black to select the option. I believe it’s just the adaptive cruise portion that creates the size as surround view doesn’t require it. At least that’s how my F8S is. I have surround view but not adaptive cruise and no unsightly box. Image Unavailable, Please Login