Don't spec Rosso Corsa, and here is why... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Don't spec Rosso Corsa, and here is why...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Enzo Belair, Oct 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That is subjective. I'm glad there are these options. I think these reds are much more interesting and fits the modern cars better. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

RoadRonin likes this.
  2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Please post picture. I would like to see it.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Challenge64 likes this.
  4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    While I agree with the more variety the better as the increased number of options the more personalized and "rare" your car (or any item) will be. However, there is such thing as too much. When I saw the video, I thought to myself I would be thousand guessing myself and it would definitely take me in to an ADHD crisis. Especially when you see colors that are so close in shades to each other. That I have never understood.

I went back and forth for a few months deciding and second guessing myself between Bianco Italia and Bianco Fuji. To make matters more objective, my decision came from the limited palette of colors that they usually show. I was suggested by my dealer sales manager to go to the Altieri boutique in NY. Thank God I didn't. I would still be trying to make a decision. So many colors, so little time. I would have had headaches. Would have stayed in NY for a week deciding for options and would have probably ended up with anxiety over the next color up or down in shade... Just writing this is making me have a hyperactivity deficit mini crisis.... (kidding)

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I responded because i must of read it wrong but i thought you were saying the RCM was a 4 layer.

A lot of the 4 layer reds are so beautiful.

However the shade i always wanted is RC. Being in resins for the past 37 years and working with so many paint companies i have seen millions of colours that will make you go crazy.

One thing for sure the RC is a solid colour. The problem with all solid colours are they are flat at certain angles. Move your head around at different angles and you will see it flat :( I absolutely hate this.

Metallic wont do that. However a full on Metallic std big flakes of silver would change the shade of the RC. The Metallic is so so fine that its barely visible unless in full sunlight or next to a RC car. Perfect for me.

You should do what you believe is the best. Notice i didnt say my selection had anything to do with cost.

GT2goneF likes this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California

I agree with you in all with exception of the metallic color having to be in bright or full sunlight. At least the Ferrari metallic triple layer paints, especially their white (and yes I am biased). If you look at their Bianco Fuji or Bianco Italia, you can tell they are metallic, even during the night. I believe this is when their true beauty and glory comes to life. Any color will shine in full sunlight. Only the special ones do at any given part of the day. Even though I went with Bianco Italia. I truly believe that Fuji is the Master color to reign at night and Bianco Italia takes it during the day. My opinion.

ScrappyB likes this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Holy $#!+.... I wasn't expecting seeing what I saw... Indeed a work of art. How much is that Rembrandt??? WOW!!!! They couldn't have selected a better car to apply the "lack of color" (paint)....

8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    My comment about full light is to see the fine metallic . Out of the light there are no issues what so ever how shiny it is. Today , im going out for a drive. 2000 kgs since last wash. Way more shiny than RC. No lights on , look at the ceiling

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Magnus Kanerfalk, xBox, C50 and 3 others like this.
  9. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    There are a handful of bare aluminum cars. There is mine, a 458 SA, I think a 599 GTO (maybe) and definitely a 488 Spider (owner saw mine and did the same)

I have pictures of the 488 and my Tdf together and will post later.

GT2goneF and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  10. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I was at Scottsdale Ferrari last weekend and forgot to ask them as I knew your car was through them. Glad to know there are more! There was a beautiful TM pearl white and dark red stripe 488 Pista Aperta in the showroom there that apparently had just sold.

Edit: photo upload. My phone isn't doing the color justice...incredible in person.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tickerhound and GT2goneF like this.
  11. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    rosso coburn is just as luxurious as grigio coburn. Ian really has fantastic tastes for color.

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California

Love the floor! I am getting ideas for when I get the F8.

13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Thank you . 20 mm polished granite . Easy to clean :)

14. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    Agreed Rosso TRS is amazing.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  15. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal

The bare aluminum is so awesome. How did they get the front and rear bumpers to look bare metal, aren't they fiberglass or carbon?

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    They are a plastic. ABS or something similar.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    ^yes, ABS/plastic/urethane bumpers that were painted to be as close to bare aluminum look as possible.

Here's a really nice Pista spider in british racing green (verde British). I think it hides the nice designs of the Pista, but overall still a nice car. @ the 12:39 mark they show a before and after for the orange peel. I gotta say that on the before shot I'm not seeing much difference...there's not a ton of orange peel.

18. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    Has anyone seen Rosso Vero (paint applied to the P80/C) in person? How does it compare to Rosso TRS?

19. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa