What percent tint? 35 or 20% | FerrariChat

What percent tint? 35 or 20%

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Alec550, Nov 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alec550

Alec550 Rookie

Nov 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alec Maranto
    Hi there, new member. Just purchased a 550 Maranello in pristine condition. Live in AZ and want to protect the interior from UV damage. Was thinking 35 or 20%. Any advice is appreciated thank you.

-Alec

BLAMPEE likes this.
  2. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Look at the ceramic and double ceramic too. They make it in clear and all the common percentages. The ceramic is way better for blocking heat and UV.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I think pretty much every major window tint company will block over 99% UV regardless if 35 or 20. That's not what the 35 and 20 really affect.

For total energy being blocked (IR, UV, visible), Spectra Photosync will be the best. It also has high clarity compared to others, but is very expensive. 3M Crystalline and Huper Optik Ceramic are cheaper.

jdlegg and tomc like this.
  4. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

These are my go-to guys in Scottsdale for high-end tinting and detail:

https://airparkautodetailing.com/

Give Murphy a call and he will help you out with this Arizona heat. :)

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Make sure not to exceed max allowed for your state.
    https://www.raynofilm.com/blog/automotive-window-tint-laws-by-state

What color is your 550? (congrats! by the way) I think some colors look better with a
    darker tint (e.g., black or white cars) and some do not (e.g., silver or gray).

I have Huper Optik on the windscreen of my 911. Happy w/ it. You can see a little
    tinge of green, but after a few rides I just dial it out. I went with max legal tint for my
    California, and the windshield was already thermal insulating from the factory, so left
    that alone.

Again, congrats on your new F-car...T

6. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    +1 for Huper Optik. No need to go dark & can even get clear for the windshield.