Fuel distributor - repair or rebuild? | FerrariChat

Fuel distributor - repair or rebuild?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Gino328, Nov 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gino328

Gino328 Rookie

Jun 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joe Watson
    Does anyone have advice re: the fuel distributor? Is it better to replace it or rebuild the original one? Are new ones hard to find?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
    New units are no longer available, you will need to have it rebuilt. If it is determined that a rebuild is needed make sure your rebuilder has the appropriate equipment to dial in port flows, test system pressure, etc. You might find this thread helpful: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/is-it-time-to-rebuild-the-cis-fuel-distributor.629279/#post-147466547

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Kind of a vague query, what is wrong with it? If it's any comfort the Bosch CIS is not Ferrari specific, used on probably a million cars throughout it's period so finding someone knowledgeable or even the info to DIY isn't that difficult.

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Some good repair videos on u tube, be sure to use the bosch id plate on the side so you order the right kit. Only £60 each

Saabguy likes this.
  5. Gino328

Gino328 Rookie

Jun 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joe Watson
    Thanks for the sage advice. My car (‘87 338 GTS) was running rich and idling rough. We’ve changed the fuel injectors, fuel filter and O2 sensor. We just now sent out the fuel distributor and warm up regulator for a rebuild and calibration. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    FWIW when my FD needed rebuilding several years ago I did the exchange program with this company, very happy with the total outcome. https://specialtauto.com/node/6

Saabguy and thorn like this.