Taken Off Market - 2002 Ferrari 456M GTA TdF Blue / Cuoio | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2002 Ferrari 456M GTA TdF Blue / Cuoio

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Tricolore999, Nov 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tricolore999

Tricolore999 Rookie

May 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Considering selling 456M GTA or trading toward something else. 53k miles
    Asking $60k obo - Clean title in hand, no accidents.
    Great car, all sorted out. Recently completed $28k service with Scuderia Rampante / Dave Helms including rear shocks with mounts, battery, fuel pump boot kit, rollover valves, brake flush, oil, etc. Tires in great shape, Good to go for the next proud owner! Stunning car, great driver. Any/all inquiries welcome - Thanks for looking!

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Nice spec. Is that a factory badge ?

3. Tricolore999

Tricolore999 Rookie

May 27, 2018
    Colorado
    No unfortunately, "high quality sticker" :)
    It's thick like a badge but couldn't tell you specifics, as it was on the vehicle when I bought it

4. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    It looks good but it is also cool because it seems some folks (me) do not like them for a variety of reasons and it is removable.

5. Tricolore999

Tricolore999 Rookie

May 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Very true - removable is nice, but they have grown on me. Sometimes it's nice to scream FERRARI. Other times, no so much.

6. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    You certainly did not leave a lot for the next person to worry about, it looks properly sorted (fuel pump surround, rollover valves, shocks, mounts, etc...) for a long time to come.

I just went through this exercise on my 2003, we just drove it 650 miles round trip up the California coast. There is nothing like these cars once they are sorted they just devour miles.

Good luck with the sale !

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Matt- Very nice 456M. Good luck with the sale.

Tricolore999 and Camp Freddie like this.
  8. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Nice looking car. I was looking at a similar one at Lake Forest to possibly use as a daily driver. How could a service cost $28k though, especially from an independent shop? That scares me a bit.

Camp Freddie and Mirek like this.
  9. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Well better to buy the one with the money spent on it... Also helms does an amazing job.

Investigate it. Ask helms if the car needs anything and ifthey skipped anything (I doubt they did)...

Worst case you will.learn something

jjmalez and arizonaitalian like this.
  10. Tricolore999

Tricolore999 Rookie

May 27, 2018
    Colorado
    It's not a "regular" thing, certainly, but do look at what you're buying in detail. A lot of cars have things like these put off and then sold to the next buyer with some "lingering things". Not exactly immediate issues, but they've all been taken care of on mine so the next driver should be trouble free for years to come. It was painful on the wallet, but hey totally worth it to have peace of mind and driving bliss!!

G. Pepper and ScottS like this.
  11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    maybe post a pic and/or pdf of the service invoice details so buyers can see the lengths you and Helms went to getting this car sorted...

TDF with Cuio colors, right?

Beautiful car in great colors and "all sorted"?

Love it. GLWS.

Tricolore999 and technom3 like this.
  12. Tricolore999

Tricolore999 Rookie

May 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Thanks! I do love the color combo. I'm after pretty much the same thing in a newer vehicle now and it has proven very hard to find! I'll work on getting the specifics of the service uploaded. I'm happy to send it to anyone by request. Cheers

13. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I spent about that much on my GTA when I had the engine mounts replaced and decided to replace the head gaskets and valve guides at the same time. And of course, they found, "a couple of other things." :)

vraa likes this.
  14. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    wow this is a beauty but after spending 50% of the total value of car on maintenance, i would definitely keep it another year or even more.

Camp Freddie likes this.
  15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    fwiw posting a copy of that invoice is likely to help sell the car as it will answer almost any questions (my 2 cents)
    huge fan of the car, i own a similar one.

vraa and Mirek like this.
  16. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    this is so damn pretty. also, for whoever buys this, the factory lithograph for the 456 was in tdf as well

17. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    Haha. My TR incurred a $39k bill from that very shop...mere months after incurring a $9k there. That’s $48k total for the mathematically challenged. It’s just a question of how deep one’s pockets are coupled with how deep one’s love for the car is. (It should be noted that the previous owner spent all of this money, not me. :) )

arizonaitalian likes this.
  18. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Do the seats move forward automatically when you move to access the rear seats ?

19. Tricolore999

Tricolore999 Rookie

May 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Yes, they do! Can't say much can fit back there, but they sure look pretty :)

20. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Nice, it is the details and this car sounds totally turn-key. Mine don’t even work and I consider my car “sorted”.

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Not really a lot, it is just about half the value of the car......;)

22. Tricolore999

Tricolore999 Rookie

May 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Yes it's all in the details! I hate it when things don't work. Was spending 28k on a 60k car smart? Of course not. But it runs like a champ, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Hoping someone really gets to enjoy it (While I enjoy shopping for an FF - ha!)

23. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    #25 Mirek, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Agreed, when these are sorted they are simply magical and the sense of occasion when driving them is great. Since new my 2003 456M shows receipts totaling like $55k but that includes BS like ceramic coating, tires, etc....

It was 612/FF/California or (hopefully) a good spec and sorted 456M for us...we held out and got a perfect 456M and it ain’t going back on the market ;)

Good luck with the sale of a beautiful car. Good luck with your FF hunt, that is ALOT of car for the loot too ! You are going to miss the proper Ferrari air horn on the 456M though !

tantumaude likes this.