3 Interior options to spec that are rare but game changers | FerrariChat

3 Interior options to spec that are rare but game changers

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Enzo Belair, Dec 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Here are three options that I just about never see selected that can really make the interior of a new build unique. The attached picture shows 2 and 3 I do not have a pic of 1. It really completes the interior esthetically and makes the build more "Ferrari tailor made" without being so:

1. Alcantara Carpet "this option is special equipment atelier" - No explanation needed here. There is a lot of carpet on the F8, especially around the wheel wells and door threshold, by replacing with Alcantara it really is one of the most noticeable options you can do to dress up the interior.
    $5,900 USD

2. SHFA Rear wall - This is the area behind the seat which is usually carpet. You can chose between alcantara or leather but again removes the carpet and adds a more finished look with higher perceived materiality.
    $1,800 USD

3. BACO Back of seat leather - If you do not have sport seats this option will wrap the back of your seats in the same leather as the front, if your seats are black no need for this option.
    $1,500 USD

Image Unavailable, Please Login

cpd1, johnr265, Chizz and 3 others like this.
  2. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #2 Rexcat458, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    IMHO, I would add one more... Leather on the interior headliner. It completes the look and adds a touch of elegance to the overall visual impression. I’m not sure how rare an option it is however...

Cheers!

johnr265 likes this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I wasn't aware of the headliner until after my order was placed. However, even if it would be a nice option to have, I am not certain if it will be actually noticed. I never look at the headliner. The Alcantara carpet, that is something very refined. I would be afraid to even put a foot on it, let alone a shoe. Just like with white or crema colored leather seats, I would have to be floating while driving it. I selected the back leather shelf and it is indeed a very nice option. Again, as with the leather headliner being an option, I also didn't know about the seats being leather in the back as well. With that said, nobody will be sitting in the back and it is something quite often overlooked, just like the headliner. In my opinion, if they are selected, they are nice to have and will likely be noticed at some point. If not, I don't think they will be missed.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Alcantara headliner, which is available with contrast stitching, adds a much more finished and luxe look to the interior. The supplied, rough, coarse fabric is extremely cheap looking and out of place. The alcantara headliner is very noticeable since it covers the A pillars.

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    At the thought of upsetting GT2goneF these are my thoughts. Frankly everyone knows that i have said it a million times.

If you love leather like I do I would put as much as i can into the car. Alcantara ? Not natural , not for me but would look good if a LOT of carbon is added.

I gather you are going electric seats as i did.

So i have ROOF leather ( OEM :( )
    I have the leather also on the seat back
    And i have leather on the firewall ( rear wall )

I pushed the envelope even more and am one of only a few that has LED steering wheel but all leather.

My car is RCM but i refused to have red stitching and went white. Doing so it really pops the shape of the interior since it is all black.

So minimal carpet. To go to alcantara its your decision but with carpets gee you wont see much. A better option would be the passenger display.

Also you didnt say whether your going with carbon ? IMO its all or none. Doing only a few bits looks like you ran out of money doing none and all leather IMO makes it more a luxury statement. BTW if you dont have any carbon the stripe of carbon that is on the dash that is standard can be painted piano black like it was on the 488 GTB 2.5 YEARS and still has that beautiful leather smell.

johnr265, ntatfas, GT2goneF and 3 others like this.
  6. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I love the smell of the leather Ferrari uses and I try to order as much of it as I can. Rear shelf and roof are a must!

ScottS, Mikael-F360, johnr265 and 5 others like this.
  7. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Bravo, hearty claps and Cheers!

You may have said it a million times before, but it’s the first time I have read your opinion on options! Spot on, dead centre in the ten ring!

Cheers!

GT2goneF likes this.
  8. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta

That interior is beautiful

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yes I agree on the hood liner, but I didn't mention it as I thought everyone got that option and knew about it. As for Carbon, in the F8 I like the carbon on the driving zone and center bridge.

Coincid and GT2goneF like this.
  10. VelocityTexas

VelocityTexas Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2019
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    The LED steering wheel without the carbon fiber is interesting. I looked at a 458 that had a carbon fiber steering wheel without the LED. I had to look at it three or four times to make sure I was seeing things right.

GT2goneF likes this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Apart from Alcantara carpet, I find those options to be very common. I don't recall when I last saw a 458, 488 or F8 without leather on the rear wall at my dealer. Same goes for the seat backs. I even specced a darker colour seat back on my electric GTS seats to make them "slim". Don't recall when I last saw a car without leather seat backs.

When we're talking rare options that can really change a car, I think it's much more unique. We don't see all the various CF colour options, and how many know you can have the interior trim painted? You can also have dreamlines painted on interior trim, or have the trim rings around buttons in different colours. A leather or Alcantara headliner is also quite common where I am.

Where I am, Alcantara and leather carpets are somewhat rare, as my dealer usually advise against it.

On the outside, you can also look for more unusual options. Different painted calipers, logos and centercaps. There's also the option to have the exterior trim painted rather than either CF or plastic. Then there's of course all the colours people don't know. How many know Arancia Tripolo Strato, Verde Francesca, Nero Piano, or Blu Celeste. I wonder if anyone know how popular a colour like Rosso Chiaro was in the 60's. It's as Ferrari-red as it gets, but we never see it. On top of that, we don't see many cars with deamlines on the outside, despite t being available on regular atelier orders.

I don't think we can call leather seatbacks, headliner etc. rare when there are so many really rare options.

GT2goneF, RoadRonin and VelocityTexas like this.
  12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I dare say everyone knows you can every option you could ever dream of. Look at all the different combinations with the Pista and the strips colours etc.

What he is talking about are items even though might be common in your country many on this site glaze past without actually knowing about them.

I can assure you MANY have spent 1000's on carbon only to have the OEM roof liner. And then even the seat back and on the fire wall.

Different likes/wants to different people

13. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    It's also a learning process, both in terms of the options that exist and then how you come to understand exactly what you are creating.

Euroryno likes this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It is a fun but stressful process... Especially when you come down to two options which you but can't seem to be able to pull the trigger on either one of them. Another frustrating part is getting to know about certain option that you would have loved to have selected, after the order has been completed, accepted and locked. There always seem to be something you would have liked to have, after the fact.

xBox likes this.
  15. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I completely agree!

Did get very lucky though - my spec locked last week, but over the weekend I decided to add 3x options I'd been resisting.

Factory very kindly added them yesterday.

I'm sure its now locked with a big capital L.

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I believe there is really only one principal to follow. Choose the options you personally feel are important and will enhance the visual and driving experience of ownership. Worry less about resale, since all the dealers will always be able to resell these cars within a relatively small price range.

17. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Yeah, I had leather on the headliner of one or two of my cars and it really was a nice touch.

Ray

GT2goneF, Rexcat458 and MANDALAY like this.
  18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    It can be hard but thats why you should take your time and see other cars.

You know i can say if i pull the trigger on the F8 all the options on it will be 100% the same as the 488 GTB but change 2 things only. Paint the carbon trim on the dash the same colour ( as i dont want carbon ) as the grey around the vents or Piano black and paint the chrome trim around the base of the rear view mirror black. If Ferrari wont do it ild buy those 2 parts separately as spare parts and do it myself.

GT2goneF likes this.
  19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Just noticed they are manual seats, never seen them in my life because full electric are standard in Australia.

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    One thing I've never really understood, is the stress part. To me it is fun and exciting, and the complete opposite of stressful. I really enjoy cofiguring at my dealer as it's always entertaining, fun and pleasant. I always bring either wifey or a friend as it is always good to ping pong ideas during the config. The four of us usually do it over lunch and it's a great couple of hours. To get an idea of what I want, I usually stop by a few times and sit by myself with the configurator. I don't know if I'm odd or not, but I just can't wrap my head around getting stressed or anxiety over something as great and fun as building a new car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It’s a fun process for me as well. Hard to make a wrong decision for the most part.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  22. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Alcantara roof is awesome. in a contrast color. I had this on my Speciale. You can see it in the picture below. You definitely see it every time you get in. Tried to spec something similar on the Pista, but they didn't really have a way to do this without at least an Atelier appointment.

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    When you are between wo great options for example Bianco Italia vs Fuji... That is a very hard choice to make... That is stressful

RoadRonin and MANDALAY like this.
  24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

That's GREAT ! , haven't seen it done this way.

25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Colour without a doubt is the single most difficult thing to spec unless your mind is set.

I really love Grigio Alloy as its so close to my very first car i bought but my dealer convinced me no.

So next was the ever popular RC and i didnt like how it looked dull at certain angles but when my dealer showed me RCM it was a done deal. This decision was over a few weeks and it drove me crazy.

GT2goneF and RoadRonin like this.