I think my GTS is louder than the 812 SF and F12 | FerrariChat

I think my GTS is louder than the 812 SF and F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 575joe, Dec 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 575joe

575joe Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Can't tell if it just sounds louder because of the open top or open rear window, but I swear that the GTS sounds louder to me than my SF or the F12.
    I'm not talking about sound quality, that has been discussed many times, but volume.
    I tend to drive in built up areas and like to accelerate briskly away from lights, and am therefore quite sensitive to how much noise I make when I accelerate, so am probably overly conscious about loudness.
    Also, my wife was following me and she thought the car sounded very loud, even though I was not really stepping on it.
    Others that own or have owned the other recent V12's, do you think the GTS is louder, or is it just my impression?
    (I seem to recall someplace reading that Ferrari had actually raised the volume to make up for the effect of the GPF filter. Anyone else recall seeing that?
    (On the other hand, with all the windows closed, I find the car quieter than the SF).
    Thanks,

ryalex likes this.
  2. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    ......“(On the other hand, with all the windows closed, I find the car quieter than the SF).”

Boots, BaronM69 and 350MH83 like this.
  3. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    If that’s YOUR impression, that’s all that matters, Joe. It’s like saying “I really think xx is the best color for the GTS, what do you guys think?” Others may agree or disagree with your assessment, but in the end, it’s all subjective - everything, including exhaust volume, sound etc.

Enjoy your GTS!!!

4. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    It’s louder with the rear window down or roof open. It’s the same to slightly decreased with all the windows and roof closed. The car is f* awesome. Haha!

5. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    A top down car always sounds louder to the driver. I had a 488 Spider that I drove 75% of the time top down and I always had a hard time understanding why people would say the 488 wasn't loud enough.

6. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    The most important thing is that u enjoy it.... Keep enjoying

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

7. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    The GTS is definitely louder with roof down, but I do find that you leave a lot of the sound behind you, especially above say 50mph. Unlike a mid engined convertible, where you hear a lot more of the engine noise from behind your head

I personally think the GTS needed a bit more volume so added sports cats (as per other post) - with roof down and above 6k revs it blows your mind!

day355 likes this.