456 wiring diagram schenatics | Page 2 | FerrariChat

456 wiring diagram schenatics

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ah456, Sep 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Did you say you can measure voltages, Renars? Resistance (ohms/omega symbol) is just another selection on your voltmeter. Modern digital voltmeters (multimeters) do most of the work for you, such as automatic selection of scale (10x, 100x, 0.001x etc). However, you may need, in some cases, various lengths of wire to help you complete a circuit. Resistance checks must be done with the battery disconnected (unless you are checking the unpowered side of a disconnected connector).

An 'open circuit' or "short" is usually "infinity". A "closed circuit" is usually a few milliohms or even zero milliohms.

Unfortunately, most vehicle problems these days seem to be with electrics.

Good to know. Thanks!

2. greasemonyet

greasemonyet Rookie

Dec 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Chin Tan
    I have a similar problem with my 1994 456 GT. I dismantled the motor and cleaned up the rust. Now I like to figure out of the thing works. Can I please also get a copy of your schematics?

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I don't know how useful my 456M diagrams will be, Chin Tan. There are significant differences (especially relating to power supply)

I am currently having problems with my file sharing program.... :mad: Please standby ....

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  5. greasemonyet

greasemonyet Rookie

Dec 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Chin Tan
    Qavion likes this.
  6. red leather

red leather Rookie

Jun 15, 2014
    France
    hello everybody, I'm looking for the wiring diagrams for the european Ferrari 456 GT (my right turn signal fails ... and I don't know why, the left works fine, right bulbs are OK, the commuter is OK, maybe the flasher is KO, or the hazard lights button is too ...) ... Is it possible to share the schematics with me (maybe dropbox if it still works ...) ? thank you very much ! Florian (french enthusiast !)

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #32 Qavion, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Are you saying the right turn lights work with hazard button?

No one has diagrams for the early cars, but, looking at the parts manual, it looks like all the 456's have a similar 7 pin Hazard/Turn Module, so diagnosis should be easy.

Basically, if the right turn lights only operate with the hazard button, then you have a steering column stalk switch circuit problem. If the right turn lights don't work with the steering column switch or the hazard lights, then you have a Hazard/Turn module problem.

Pull the cover off the Hazard/Turn module and inspect the soldered contacts that I've marked "R" and "15R" with a magnifying glass to see if there are cracks. Even tiny cracks cause problems. The contacts can be resoldered. If you are handy with a soldering iron, I would resolder them anyway. Note that older Turn/Flasher modules may have 2 internal relays, one for left turns, one for right turns, but they are pretty robust and I haven't heard of any failing.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here's a pinout of the Hazard/Turn Module and the socket it goes into. I've used some 456M wiring splice references, so hopefully it's not too confusing.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Note carefully the orientation of the pins and sockets in the graphic.

To check the stalk switch input into the module, pull the Turn/Hazard Module from it's socket, turn on the ignition and activate the right turn signal, then check socket #3 for 12 volts (coming from the turn switch). Socket 3 corresponds to "15R" on the relay.

Anyway, if you can clarify the issue for us, we can go into more detail.

8. red leather

red leather Rookie

Jun 15, 2014
    France
    Hi, thank you very much for your answer ! I confirm that the fail comes from the hazard / turn module, because when i "poke" it, the right indicator and hazard work ! I will inspect the soldered contacts this afternoon and let you know !! (sorry form my English not perfect ...)

9. red leather

red leather Rookie

Jun 15, 2014
    France
    Qavion likes this.
  10. red leather

red leather Rookie

Jun 15, 2014
    France
    Perfect, I've resoldered the 15R contact, it now works perfectly fine !!
    Thank you very much for your advices !
    Florian

Qavion likes this.
  11. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Brilliant!

Qavion likes this.
  12. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Too easy! :D

I don't know why these soldered contacts fail. There seems to be a lot of problems with them (on various Ferrari models). I'm not sure if you can buy these modules any more. If you can, they are quite expensive.

Thanks for the feedback.

13. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    So which of these resistors has to be changed out to use LED turn signal bulbs?? Anyone know?

There was a Fchatter who had figured it out, but I cannot tell from his thread from a few years ago!

14. Ranni1967

Ranni1967 Rookie

Apr 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    Walter Ranalter
    [QUOTE = "franschman, post: 147056367, member: 213519"] PM mir deine Mailadresse und ich werde dir den L-Abschnitt übertragen, den ich habe. [/ QUOTE]

Hallo,
    Hast du noch den Schaltplan für den 456M GTA ? Würde auch einen benötigen. Mein 456 M GTA wurde elektrisch verpfuscht und ich bräuchte diesen Schaltplan dringend.

Danke und viele Grüße
    Walter

[email protected]

15. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Do you have a Google Drive account? I have the Workshop Manual Wiring diagrams (30Mb), but they are hard to understand and contain errors.

What part of the car has been affected? If I know what part of your car has been" botched", I can share some diagrams with you which might be more helpful (but may still have errors :p ).

Ranni1967 likes this.
  16. Ranni1967

Ranni1967 Rookie

Apr 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    Walter Ranalter
    Guten Morgen,
    ja Google Drive würde zur Verfügung stehen. Ich habe einen 456 M GTA Baujahr 2001 mit 31000 KM. Ich habe das Fahrzeug vor ca. 1 Jahr bei einem Händler in Österreich gekauft mit angeblichen Getriebeproblem.
    Das Fahrzeug hat alles außer einem Problem mit dem Getriebe. Es wurde da vorher schon ziemlich an der kompletten Elektrik rumgepfuscht. Kabel durchtrennt umgeklemmt (so wurde z.B. die Motorkontrolleuchte an der Lichtmaschine angeklemmt, so daß diese an und wieder ausgeht ... Betrug !!)
    Das Fahrzeug hat jetzt folgendes Problem: nach Löschung aller Fehler läuft er einwandfrei. Nach kurzer Zeit kommt Fehlermeldung Drehzahlsensor und das Fahrzeug läuft nicht mehr richtig (wahrscheinlich Notlauf) . Dann nach kurzer Zeit auch der Fehler Sensor Getriebe. Ich habe mal Bilder der "fachmännischen" Arbeit beigefügt. Zwischenzeitlich wurde der Sicherungskasten sowie der ABS Block erneuert.
    Der Drehzahlsensor , Zahnriemen etc. wurde schon erneuert (auch hier sieht man daß bereits gepfuscht wurde)

Die Werkstatt ist mittlerweile mit ihrem Latein am Ende.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Ranni1967

Ranni1967 Rookie

Apr 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    Walter Ranalter
    [QUOTE = "franschman, post: 147752744, member: 213519"] Genial! [/ QUOTE]
    Danke für die Datei :)

18. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #43 Qavion, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Guten morgen, Walter.

456M vehicle speed comes from the ABS/ASR system, not from the engine crank sensor. The ABS/ASR ECU uses the left rear wheel speed sensor for calculating vehicle speed. It then sends the data to the digital instrument display module. The speed is then sent to the speedometer and to the other computers (Motronics, automatic gearbox, etc).

Like you, the previous owner of my car tampered with the engine light. It was hiding some big problems. I had to change an entire engine harness.

Anyway, check the speed sensor.

Here's a diagram which may help, but you may need other diagrams if a new speed sensor doesn't work. This is a little easier to read than the Ferrari WSM.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/UNFyQVfKXUALd4Rr

Good luck!

(The left rear wheel speed sensor is labelled "35G" and can be found in the lower left hand corner of the diagram)

Ranni1967 likes this.
  19. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry, I just saw a note on the diagram which reminded me that the original Workshop Manual wiring diagrams may not be correct for the left hand (front and rear) wheel speed sensors. I haven't been able to confirm the correct wiring.

Perhaps the sensors can be interchanged for evaluation.

Ranni1967 likes this.
  20. Ranni1967

Ranni1967 Rookie

Apr 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    Walter Ranalter
    [QUOTE = "Qavion, post: 147846434, member: 174876"] Entschuldigung, ich habe gerade einen Hinweis auf dem Diagramm gesehen, der mich daran erinnerte, dass die ursprünglichen Schaltpläne des Werkstatthandbuchs möglicherweise nicht für die linke (vordere und hintere) Radgeschwindigkeit korrekt sind Sensoren. Ich konnte die korrekte Verkabelung nicht bestätigen.

Möglicherweise können die Sensoren zur Auswertung ausgetauscht werden. [/ QUOTE]
    Danke für die Information. Ich hoffe daß dies weiterhilft. Hättest du evtl. noch einen Schaltplan vom Motormanagement ? Falls wir einen Kabelstrang benötigen, wo finde ich sowas noch? Oder könntest du mir eine Werkstatt empfehlen, welche sich mit diesem Modell auskennt.
    Viele Grüße Walter

21. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I think you misunderstood. I didn't have a speed problem. The previous owner just tampered with the engine warning light (to hide a damaged engine harness).

But, I have engine diagrams if you need them for other faults.

I live in Australia. That would be difficult :p

Ranni1967 likes this.
  22. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Ranni1967 likes this.
  23. Ranni1967

Ranni1967 Rookie

Apr 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    Walter Ranalter
    [QUOTE = "Qavion, Post: 147846450, Mitglied: 174876"] Ich denke, Sie haben es falsch verstanden. Ich hatte kein Geschwindigkeitsproblem. Der Vorbesitzer hat gerade die Motorwarnleuchte manipuliert (um einen beschädigten Motorkabelbaum zu verbergen).

Aber ich habe Motordiagramme, wenn Sie sie für andere Fehler benötigen.

Ich lebe in Australien. Das wäre schwierig : p[/ QUOTE]
    Thanks ..... :)

24. FerrariofAlberta

Feb 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott McMonigle
    Qavion likes this.
  25. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    My mistake. I didn't think that tampering with the Check Engine Light circuit would generate a speed sensor error message.

Anyway, I hope the diagrams will help.