Hoovie dropped the 456 vid today | FerrariChat

Hoovie dropped the 456 vid today

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Salami, Mar 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
  2. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for sharing. I'm a hoovie fan but didn't know he had even bought the 456.

3. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    Yeah I noticed it a few days ago in the background of another vid of his so I figured it was coming. Little disappointed in this vid, hardly talked about it at all.

4. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Seems to be part of the upcoming CarTrek episode which Hoovie/Ed Bolian/Tavarish have all dropped hints that it will feature Ferraris. Should be interesting!

Ruben

5. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    What’s that

6. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    Il Tifoso and Salami like this.
  7. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
  8. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    Finally released this! Man the 456 came out smelling like a rose but it’s news to me that it’s embarrassing to be seen in one.

9. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I love the 456. If I could swing another car in the collection it would be a 456.

enjoyed the new cartrek video...as a cannonball “weirdo” it was neat to see how Dennis had the jaguar there and the 550 he and Rawlings did their run in.

10. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The three ‘tubers are settling in together, but I find it a bit tragic that they feel the need to copy top gear so closely. Just seems to show a lack of confidence or imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    I dunno, I think they are finding their own lane, and borrowing from a proven format is only good sense. So does anyone know if Ed is gay? Because I hope so, as it’s the only way I can handle his affect lol. He comes across the smuggest person I’ve ever seen ever. I like hoovie as he seems very authentic and quirky, and it’s fun to see him go from a mechanical Luddite to actually know some things just because of the world he’s immersed himself in. Freddie comes across as a manic add kid, which I can relate a little too well to...

12. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I think there's borrowing a format, and then there's copying it (i.e. using the same tired old lines from the other show). They're easier to watch than when they started out though - less intensely cheesy.

Ed has a wife and two kids, so I certainly hope he isn't gay!

13. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    I enjoy their series. Cannot wait to see how this one plays out and I'm sure there will be plenty of unappreciative 308, 456 and 599 owners responding.

Aside from Ed being a long-time friend of mine . . . that comment is tactless.

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  14. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm a "fan of Ed"...wear my Vinwiki shirt with pride and enjoyed his book. He is religious, an intense cannonballer and a snake-animal owner so by definition he is a "character" that's for certain. I really enjoyed the show, all those guys are enjoyable especially The Wizard!

white out likes this.
  15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I never got into their series as it's too much a rip off of Top Gear. They seem to be better individually rather than as a group, too. Of the three, I watch Tavarish regularly as he seems the most genuine and not trying/acting for the camera. Ed is harder for me to watch as he's trying to act like a sleazy used car salesman in some of his videos imo and Hoovie imo is trying too hard to act like an idiot when he's not.

Salami likes this.
  16. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    #16 rhern213, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    I'm not a creative TV person, but what format do we expect it to be? Every entertainment car show is the same, Top Gear invented the "go on adventure missions" format. But besides that what other way is there to make an entertaining adventure car show? Otherwise it's just a car driving review and there are plenty of very good shows already in that segment.

Car Trek is obviously not going to have anywhere near the $$$'s to spend, so they're very limited on the production and adventures the show can do, and hiring talented creative personnel to do something different. The Grand Tour is also a copy of the Top Gear specials, just without the producers handing them missions to do on cue cards. I certainly agree the bit by bit exact copy of Top Gear is unnecessary, but I don't personally care if it's a copy of the format as long as they're entertaining.

My thoughts on the show are that it's just way too long and gets boring very quickly, there's too much "filler" material for me. And this was the same problem I had with the show from the beginning that doesn't seem to have been changed. Top Gear is a 1-hr show, with commercials, so technically say about 45mins of running time. They packed tons of content into that time frame so you're always engaged.

For example in Car Trek episode-1, they spent almost 20 mins of the show looking at oil leaks under the cars, just reiterating the same points over and over. The beginning was entertaining when they were introducing the cars and started driving them. But afterwards there's just nothing interesting going on for more than half the show and I had to fast forward until the end. And I fear this is going to be the same issue with every single episode, just way too long.

Clarkson, Hammond, and May are the best at it, and even they, with all the money backing them are only producing 1-hr worth of entertaining content. How on earth do the producers of Car Trek expect to keep people engaged trying to fill several hours? I think if they were to condense only the best clips of several episodes into a single 1-hr long episode it would make for a much more entertaining show.

brogenville and white out like this.
  17. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
  18. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    456 wins again! Now on to the 1000 mi slab slaying, I think we can guess who will win on that one too. Neither other car will make it lol.

19. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon

I really love these guys, what a fun show. Made better by the low budget somehow. Plus, of course, the 456!

20. Vilhuer

Vilhuer Karting

Aug 3, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    This has been discussed on other threads also. Engine is going back together.

Qavion likes this.
  21. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Just watched his latest video... why would they prefer Ferrari tensioners over the Hill engineering ones.

22. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    I was wondering that too.

I want to see those motor mounts while the engine is out !

23. Vilhuer

Vilhuer Karting

Aug 3, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    I would be more worried about not replacing bearings behind cambelt driveshafts. Looks like they weren't changed. Also waiting to see if cams are left as is based on markings or are they actually timed.