360 f1/430 vs an Alfa 4c? | FerrariChat

360 f1/430 vs an Alfa 4c?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Rgoldm2, Mar 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rgoldm2

Rgoldm2 Rookie

Mar 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Ross Goldman
    Currently an Alfa 4c coupe owner. Always wanted a Ferrari and I’m getting closer to making it a reality. I’m having trouble deciding which though. I grew up around the 360 so it’s my favorite looking of them. I do like the 355 as well but my wife does not. The 430 just doesn’t look as good to me as the 360 does. Any driven the 4c? Do you think it’s a good transition? Thanks for your comments

2. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Owned both at the same time (F430), 4C eventually bit the dust for me but I do miss it from time to time. Both are amazing vehicles but completely different. While they both offer an experience no matter the speed. The Alfa is more of a tactile feel while the Ferrari is more of an emotional one. Both get a lot of attention as majority think the 4C is a Ferrari.

If your looking for just pure fun I think the 4C can’t be beat. While the F is great and fun in its own right it’s still not a small no frills lightweight sports car like the 4C is. The engine and transmission of course is a no contest to the F.

The 355 will get you more towards the go kart feel but your maintenance will skyrocket compared to the 4C. My personal feeling is stick with 360+ to reduce some headaches. Another bonus of the 360 over the 430 is you can get a manual for a reasonable price. Good luck in your decision. I vote whichever way your heart is pulling you, it will reduce the risk of the what if question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhills14 likes this.
  3. Rgoldm2

Rgoldm2 Rookie

Mar 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Ross Goldman
    do you think I’d be better off just getting a third car? I’ve toyed with that idea too. I do love the 4c and I fear I’ll look back and regret the choice. I’d be somewhat chasing a name plate as I haven’t drive any of those cars, only a 458. I do want a manual car so I could always go after a third car with a manual.

4. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
    Funny! I’ve always wanted a F360 and before buying one, a 4C caught my attention for about a year. But no one around locally had one so I never pulled the trigger.

One day, maybe 2-3 months before I bought my 360, a very local dealer had a 4C coupe on the showroom floor. I wouldn’t want to coupe but I wanted to check the car out. Unfortunately they wouldn’t let me test drive it so I never really got to experience the car or who knows… I might’ve ended up with one over the Ferrari.

However, now owning a 360, I don’t see myself ever going to the 4C now. Not sure if that helps you?

I am positive cost of ownership on a 360/430 is more expensive so as long as you’re prepared, I’d say the Ferrari is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Depends on how much of a dream a Ferrari is to you. It was always my child hood dream so fulfilling that makes the F that much more special to me over the 4C. Never cared for owning an Alfa but the 4C intrigued me and it did not disappoint. As for the third car I guess it depends on what your budget and line up currently look like. I believe the 3-4 car line up is the sweet spot for a family of two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Nine9Three

Nine9Three Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have both a 360 CS and a 4C. The CS is likely closest to the feel of the 4C in terms of Ferrari products. In truth, the CS feels like a luxury car in comparison. The 4C is the rawest car I have ever owned. It is literally a go-cart for the road. An acquired taste. Anyone who can daily a 4C is a trooper. A standard 360 would be so much more refined to the 4C. I am biased but would take a 360 over a 355 or 430 all day long.

7. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    I have a 360 and was interested in adding the 4c. It was fun to drive, but the lack of performance, small miata sized experience with the lack of comfort made it feel somewhat comical to me so it was an easy pass.
    Alfa just has an adolescent feel to it, whereas the 360 feels much more mature, I guess partly because of its age and size.
    Ended up adding an Evora..

Attached Files:

8. Adomowitz360

Adomowitz360 Rookie

Dec 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Adam Burke
    Before I bought my 360, I rented a 4C on Turo for the weekend for my son’s birthday, he picked it out. After the weekend, we both agreed it was a ton of fun but we were done with it. The lack of power steering got old quickly with each parking lot we navigated. Getting in and out was way more challenging as well.

The 360 has that agile feel and rawness but is so much more car and imho a different driving experience that is more comfortable and enjoyable over the long term.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Jhills14 and brookliner7 like this.