Changed FOB battery. How do I reset FOB | FerrariChat

Changed FOB battery. How do I reset FOB

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Andy458, Apr 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andy458

Andy458 Karting

Jun 26, 2017
    Sorry, I searched & manual is where I cant get to it. 2015 458.

I changed the battery in FOB, how do I or do I need to do anything to make it work with the car?

2. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    This is all I see in the manual for changing the batteries in the key:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Andy458

Andy458 Karting

Jun 26, 2017
    Thank you, by looking at this it sound like i dont have to do anything after replacing the batteries.

I did get alot of flashing lights when i pushed the lock button.

4. Andy458

Andy458 Karting

Jun 26, 2017
    Lights flash 9 times & Im sure they flashed less than that before battery change.

I actually jumped in the pool with key in my pocket when my bulldog fell in the pool & started to sink. Im pretty sure no water got in but I took apart, blew out & let it sit in rice without battery overnight.

5. Andy458

Andy458 Karting

Jun 26, 2017
    Just in case anyone need the correct procedure after replacing FOB batteries

1. Make sure both doors are closed DONT FORGET TO TAKE BATERY TENDER CORD OUT OF DOOR GAP & CLOSE, and that the front bonnet and the engine lids are both closed too.

2. Push the lock button on the remote

3. Push the unlock button on the remote

4. Push and hold the button on the remote that opens the front bonnet. If the front bonnet doesn’t pop open within about 3 full seconds, release the button and push and hold it again.