Carfax error | FerrariChat

Carfax error

Discussion in '348/355' started by emac, Apr 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    When I bought my 355 back in 2014 it had an odometer error on the Carfax. The car was a US car that went to Canada. Someone misread the miles as kilometers on a registration. I had all the service records which indicated consistent mileage, so I was not concerned with the error when I purchased the car.

Today, I decided to submit the error to Carfax for review. Quick and easy process. I uploaded the service records and within an hour Carfax sent me an updated Carfax with the error corrected. Impressive.

I don't plan on selling the car anytime soon, but it is just nice to know it is correct.

albert328gts and PiersR like this.
  2. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Same happened to me, dealer misreported miles as
    Kms so my car was flagged as possible odometer tampering. Had to submit a correction to Carfax and it was handled.

emac likes this.
  3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I need to have a conversation with them about my Ford GT at some point about it having an odometer display replacement.....it went from 28,000 down to 1,400 miles after a previous owner jumped it with a huge diesel pickup and blew out every gauge and the odometer display. A 5 figure repair plus taking the hit on re-sell value.

They also re-classified an accident on my Diablo to minor accident. They were easy to work with

4. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

Shouldn't ford be able to fix that at the dealer.

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    No, they won't touch odometer display programming, for the reasons you might expect. New odometer displays are NLA, the guy had to buy a used one off a wreck (it had 1,400 miles on it) so it started off it's new life with that number. I have plenty of documentation verifying the whole situation so I know what the actual miles are. Plus the ECU keeps track of actual miles.