Ecu live data | FerrariChat

Ecu live data

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Bowes, May 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bowes

Bowes Rookie

Feb 20, 2017
    South africa
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Hi I’m using a Foxwell nt530 to read live data on my 360 Modena . Where can I find a definition of what the data is ? Ie camshaft phase angle is one example . There are many bits of data that are pointless if I don’t know what the data is referring to . Any knowledge on this would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. luccio

luccio Rookie

Feb 10, 2021
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Luccio
    Hi,
    My only experience with Foxwell ODB2 is with BMWs and cam angle was only accessible (interpreted?) with a program that was specific to BMW. Maybe their tech support can orient you toward such an app for the 360?

3. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    360s have a cam variator on the exhaust cam and with Ferrari software you can see a degree number for both banks. It needs to be with a few degrees to not trigger a CEL and if I remember right it should be 660.

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    The data parameters on the Ferrari and displayed on your diag tool are "mostly" common parameters used across the auto industry. The camshaft angle parameter can be found on a BMW, MB and a Hyundai ..etc. A seasoned mechanic would know what they mean off the top of his head as most folks know what volts or rpm mean. As a DYI, you would have to either search on the web for the certain parameter label, and/or look at WSM / training material of other manufacturers (e.g. BMW , Hyundai, or even Maserati ) to understand what they mean and in the depth of detail you want. The reason I state other manufactures is because to find info on the data label within the Ferrari world is harder..if even possible without factory training or manuals. The real problem/issue is not the data label but what the normal value/range of a data parameter item should be and at what condition (WOT, COLD, IDLE etc). While it is true that some will set off a code if out of range some do not. The good thing is that our ferrari engines have dups of mostly everything so you can always compare two banks. I also tell people who invest in a good diag to print out running data streams at various conditions of when the car is in top shape, or better yet new, to use in the future as a reference. I hope my explanation helps

Forget to mention .. if you ever come across a data label you can't find info on there is always the Ferrarichat family to help

5. Bowes

Bowes Rookie

Feb 20, 2017
    South africa
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Thanks for your replies flash 32 and Ferrari tech . I recall seeing an angle of 657 when running through my first diagnostic test . I’ve just received the foxwell and when I get to know it better I’m sure it will be of assistance. Short term fuel trims etc . I’ve just finished changing cam belts and seals plus tensioner bearings . Lost my timing marks so ended up taking right bank camshafts out . I’ve degreed the cams using the wsm inlet 1.66 mm at tdc in overlap and exhaust .6 mm from9 degrees to closed . All good so far . Engine runs smoothly . I was having a few misfires and CEL . I didn’t drive the car for a few months and I think the fuel was bad . First changed coils that didn’t help much then changed plugs at same time I did belts . In hindsight it was possibly the plugs all along . The car had done 30 000 km on original plugs !

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app